Minor Mistake in Activities Contact Info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed_20

Reaction score
I made a minor mistake when inputting my supervisor's contact information. I inputted the wrong area code for the phone number. I had accidentally written my hometown area code instead of theirs. It is only one number difference and I did include their email, which is correct. Therefore, I'm wondering if I should even contact AMCAS to see if I can change it before I get my secondaries? They do have the correct email but I'm afraid that they'll call them instead of email.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Better pack the sun screen bud

Just kidding, email AMCAS if you really want to. Inevitably, others will tell you not to worry about it. Not a big deal.

Reactions: 1 user
I made a minor mistake when inputting my supervisor's contact information. I inputted the wrong area code for the phone number. I had accidentally written my hometown area code instead of theirs. It is only one number difference and I did include their email, which is correct. Therefore, I'm wondering if I should even contact AMCAS to see if I can change it before I get my secondaries? They do have the correct email but I'm afraid that they'll call them instead of email.
There's no reason to contact AMCAS, as they will not let you change it. Since the email provided is correct, individual schools have an alternative mechanism to attempt a contact, so there's no need for you to call the error to their attention.

Reactions: 1 user