Misericordia/Pitt/Arcadia/Chatham

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jml1030

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking for any opinions about the DPT programs at Misercordia, Univeristy of Pittsburgh, Arcadia, and Chatham (currernt or prospective students). I am in the process of applying to the 2013 classes of these universities and looking for some help to narrow down my options. I have found that financially Pitt and Chatham are better choices.

I'd really appreciate any thoughts...

Members don't see this ad.

I am looking for any opinions about the DPT programs at Misercordia, Univeristy of Pittsburgh, Arcadia, and Chatham (currernt or prospective students). I am in the process of applying to the 2013 classes of these universities and looking for some help to narrow down my options. I have found that financially Pitt and Chatham are better choices.

I'd really appreciate any thoughts...

I was accepted at Pitt and Arcadia. As far as the financial issue goes, Arcadia offered a scholarship, making it much cheaper than Pitt (even accounting for the 3rd year stipend at Pitt). I don't know how many scholarships they give out, but I know of one other person on this forum who also received a scholarship at Arcadia.

I received one as well :) I really liked Arcadia, so I'll prob send in my deposit there...

Members don't see this ad :)
ill have to double check, sounds about right...where do you think you are leaning towards: pitt or arcadia?

Yes, my deadline is Feb 1st, then a second deadline of March 14th for a second payment. I submitted my payment to Arcadia online :) Did you already do yours too??

Yes, my deadline is Feb 1st, then a second deadline of March 14th for a second payment. I submitted my payment to Arcadia online :) Did you already do yours too??

Yup, I paid it online about a couple weeks ago. I'm just waiting on Ohio University at this point (I should hear back by/on Feb 6) since I've heard from all the other schools. Arcadia is my clear #2 choice though.

Current 1st year at Chatham. The program is good, but Problem-Based Learning is no joke ;) It is VERY time-consuming and you are responsible for learning the information on your own (which is the point of PBL...) If you're a very active learner who loves discussion, then Chatham could be a good choice for you.