Missed Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentofsdn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I accidentally missed an interview for a prelim program and didnt apologize until a week later. The coordinator emailed back saying the apology noted and that she'd hope this isn't the professionalism i hope to display in my career. I've heard of programs notifying other programs when this happens or even notifying ERAS about a "violation". This happened a few weeks ago, is there any chance I could still get hit with something like this and not know about it?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

No. We have no idea where you applied. This isn't an ERAS violation at all, ERAS will not care.

They might report it to your school. They could make a big deal about it, but I expect you would have heard about that by now.

Reactions: 1 user
You have to keep better track of these things in life

Worst case is they tell your school and your school retaliates in some way

Reactions: 1 users
No. We have no idea where you applied. This isn't an ERAS violation at all, ERAS will not care.

They might report it to your school. They could make a big deal about it, but I expect you would have heard about that by now.

Thanks for that info. Even though they don't know where I applied, i have letters of rec from away rotations I did so taht's why I was concerned. But they haven't contacted my home school (i havent heard anything), so would they still contact those letter writers?

Last edited:
You have to keep better track of these things in life

Worst case is they tell your school and your school retaliates in some way

You're absolutely right. Going to be extra extra careful inputting anything into my calendar from here on out. I accept all the responsibility. I just want to be aware/ready for the consequences if there are any. I had letters from away rotations, so I'm hoping they wouldnt contact those people as well. So far no contact to my school and it's been a month so I think I'm okay.

Thanks for that info. Even though they don't know where I applied, i have letters of rec from away rotations I did so taht's why I was concerned. But they haven't contacted my home school (i havent heard anything), so would they still contact those letter writers?
I guess it depends how vindictive they are. Chances are probably not, and that somebody would have told you if they had by now, but there's no way to know for sure.

(I'm assuming you're not going to email your letter writers asking, "Hey did anybody tell you that I blew off an interview last month? No? OK nvm, j/k.")

Reactions: 3 users