About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mississippi College: Master of Medical Science

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by kingsingh, May 24, 2007.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. kingsingh

kingsingh

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    The program is listed on aamc's website as a SMP. I could not find any info about it on SDN. Is it any good?
  2. Amerloque

Amerloque

I had the same question! I was looking at SMPs on the AAMC website and came across the M.S. Medical Science at Mississippi College. Anybody has heard about it? :):)
  3. Remiller

Remiller Collator

Medical Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I just got accepted to this program. After talking with the program head, who also works at Univ. of Mississippi Med School, I learned that doing well in this program sets you up for admission to that school. The program consists of medical-level courses taught by at least one medical school professor.

I was surprised there was no info for this program on SDN. It seems like a gem considering the cost (about 12k), the fact you get a MS in one year, and that it feeds (albeit unofficially as it's a different school) into Univ. of Miss. Med School, also low in cost and not without a decent match list.

By the way, if you apply to the med school you have to be a resident of MS by the time you matriculate, so you would have to move out there sometime in July to be a resident by the 2008 matriculation date.