Mississippi State Early Entry Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theservicepaws

MS State CVM C/O 2027
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

I am a high school senior with plans to pursue a career in veterinary medicine. I applied to the Early Entry Vet Program at Mississippi State this year, but I won't hear back from them until early February regarding admissions.

I just wanted to reach out and see if there is anyone here who has previously applied for and/or is currently enrolled in the MSU Early Entry Vet Program who could give me some insight. What are your thoughts on the program? What were your stats (GPA, ACT score, experience, etc.)?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there!

I am a high school senior with plans to pursue a career in veterinary medicine. I applied to the Early Entry Vet Program at Mississippi State this year, but I won't hear back from them until early February regarding admissions.

I just wanted to reach out and see if there is anyone here who has previously applied for and/or is currently enrolled in the MSU Early Entry Vet Program who could give me some insight. What are your thoughts on the program? What were your stats (GPA, ACT score, experience, etc.)?

Hey! Not sure if this is helpful at all since I'm just now finding this, but I'm Early Entry and matriculating this June. I have LOVED being Early Entry. There has been little to no pressure about getting to vet school, and I've been able to breathe a breath of fresh air through college without worrying about applying to vet school. If you get in/got in, stick with it!
It's based 70% on ACT and GPA. I had a 34 composite ACT and 4.011 GPA with around 700 hours of experience at the time of applying.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not OP but thanks so much for replying! How has MS State been as a prevet? I am considering going even if I don't get into the Early Entry program.

Hey! Not sure if this is helpful at all since I'm just now finding this, but I'm Early Entry and matriculating this June. I have LOVED being Early Entry. There has been little to no pressure about getting to vet school, and I've been able to breathe a breath of fresh air through college without worrying about applying to vet school. If you get in/got in, stick with it!
It's based 70% on ACT and GPA. I had a 34 composite ACT and 4.011 GPA with around 700 hours of experience at the time of applying.

Awesome! That is definitely helpful and I am so glad to hear that your Early Entry experience has been so great!
As a little update... I was accepted to the EEP and will begin my 8 years at Mississippi State in the fall!

For anyone who may come across this post in the future, these were my stats:
- 30 ACT
- 4.26 GPA
- Approximately 500 hours of veterinary experience (mostly small animal)
- Approximately 2500 hours of animal experience (small animal, equine, wildlife)

Reactions: 2 users
Awesome! That is definitely helpful and I am so glad to hear that your Early Entry experience has been so great!
As a little update... I was accepted to the EEP and will begin my 8 years at Mississippi State in the fall!

For anyone who may come across this post in the future, these were my stats:
- 30 ACT
- 4.26 GPA
- Approximately 500 hours of veterinary experience (mostly small animal)
- Approximately 2500 hours of animal experience (small animal, equine, wildlife)
Hello, I'm a high school senior that was just accepted into the Mississippi State EEP! I was wondering how your experience has been with Mississippi State as an EEP student for undergrad and vet school so far?? Is the location very rural?? Are there lots of animal experience from ay one even as an undergraduate? Was it difficult to maintain the GPA requirement to remain in good standing in the EEP, and did you use any AP credits towards the prerequisites? Thank you so much!! :)