Mistake in coursework section of app, OptomCAS calculated the mistake!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ak22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a day after submitting my application, I got an email that told me my GPA had been calculated and my application was approved to be sent out. I checked over the gpa calculations and noticed that the GPA was higher than it should be, and that I had way too many credits in freshman year. I went over to course works and noticed i entered 40 in instead of 4 for the credits of a class. I already emailed them about the mistake and plan on calling them tomorrow, but I'm worried, will I be waiting 4 weeks for it to be recalculated and sent out?

Members don't see this ad.

Hm from what I understand, Optomcas calculates your GPA based on your transcripts, not what you entered in?

Also, sometimes the way Optomcas calculates grades, it may be slightly different than what it says on your transcript. How much of a difference was your Optomcas calculated GPA from your transcript GPA?
My calculated Optomcas GPA was 0.01 higher than my transcript one lol (3.60 vs. 3.59).

Last edited:
it was substantially different, and the credits matched up exactly with my mistake. Not to mention they processed it less than a day after I payed for and submitted my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah they processed/calculated mines in about a day also... I just find it odd that they would calculate your GPA based on the coursework YOU enter rather than from an official transcript....? Well that's just my opinion. But what you're saying about how the credits match up with your mistake exactly may indicate that they do just calculate from what you enter.... I guess the only way to know for sure is to call them tomorrow like you planned. Good luck, hopefully you do not have to wait too long for them to fix it.

Alright, I'm glad it wasn't just me who was processed quickly. Hopefully this means they can sort it out quickly too. How long did it take for them to send you app out after it was processed?

Last year, it took mine 4 weeks to be calculated, and I already had everything in by the time I submitted.

You should just call OptomCAS.

It only took about a week from the time my gpa was calculated for my application to be mailed.

Last year, it took mine 4 weeks to be calculated, and I already had everything in by the time I submitted.

You should just call OptomCAS.

It only took about a week from the time my gpa was calculated for my application to be mailed.

I believe it all depends on when you submit your application. The later you submit it, the more applications they have to process, and the longer it takes for them to verify/mail.

Alright, I'm glad it wasn't just me who was processed quickly. Hopefully this means they can sort it out quickly too. How long did it take for them to send you app out after it was processed?

It took them about a week.

Well I called them today, and they had the mistake fixed immediately! I wont have to get the whole thing reprocessed.

Thanks for the update. I accidentally left out my very first semester at my university which was taken over 13 years ago. Hopefully when I call OPTOMCAS, it will be easily rectified.