mistakes on secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waterlily

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that once you submit a secondary online, you can't make any changes. On one of my secondaries I just made a stupid mistake, forgetting to write down my pre-med advisor name that my committee letter packet is coming from. Are schools pretty cool with you calling them and asking them to correct that or should I not even bother and let it be..?

Members don't see this ad.

I left something out of the UVM secondary and just emailed them about it. I have no idea what they will do about this, but it seems like it's better to acknowledge a mistake and make sure they have the correct information, assuming it's something that matters.

I suggest the following:

Write a formal letter explaining your error and list the correction. That way they have it on file what the change was. IT's really not a big deal . The fact that you caught the mistake and made an effort to correct it shows that you are dedicated to making your app perfect. A phone call doesn't guarantee that the change will be made. The letter will be put in your file with your application.