MMI coverage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YodaPineapple

Reaction score
In addition to MMI scenarios, if a school doesn’t explicitly state they are a hybrid traditional/MMI format, do MMI interviews ask traditional interview questions, such as why medicine, why this school, tell me about yourself, etc?
Or, is the extent of these traditional-ish questions limited to more of the tell me about a time when you… type question?

Members don't see this ad.

In addition to MMI scenarios, if a school doesn’t explicitly state they are a hybrid traditional/MMI format, do MMI interviews ask traditional interview questions, such as why medicine, why this school, tell me about yourself, etc?
Or, is the extent of these traditional-ish questions limited to more of the tell me about a time when you… type question?
MMI scenarios can be written in-house or externally sourced. The adcoms then choose the organization of the stations, including "rest stops," "interactive stations," and "traditional/chat" stops. This happens with in-person or virtual/hybrid MMI's. Remember, you will only have up to 10 minutes per station, converse for at most 8 minutes. If you are in a traditional/tell me about yourself station, you probably will only have time to answer a maximum of 3 questions, and they may be standardized, just like the other stations' follow-up questions.

There are other schools that will put candidates not in an MMI circuit to undergo a traditional/panel interview or a Q&A with a student panel. You must prepare for traditional questions anyway because they will be asked of you outside the formal MMI.... like a meet-and-greet introduce yourself to everyone at the start of interview day.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
As others said it depends on the school. I would make sure to know why medicine and why school cold even for MMIs

Reactions: 1 users