MMI Thank you notes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Emh_omega-323

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've got my first interview tomorrow, an in person MMI. I'm generally reading thank you notes are not necessary for an MMI but some people send general thank you notes to the admissions office for arranging. I'd love to hear any adcoms thoughts on if there is actually any benefit to doing this. It seems likely to be so generic it just comes across as "extra" and a little awkward.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Am I correct then in my assumption that the only appropriate place for a thank you in the interview cycle is a personalized email to the interviewer after a one-on-one?

Thanks! Am I correct then in my assumption that the only appropriate place for a thank you in the interview cycle is a personalized email to the interviewer after a one-on-one?
Depending on the school, even this is neither necessary nor advisable.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, I've got my first interview tomorrow, an in person MMI. I'm generally reading thank you notes are not necessary for an MMI but some people send general thank you notes to the admissions office for arranging. I'd love to hear any adcoms thoughts on if there is actually any benefit to doing this. It seems likely to be so generic it just comes across as "extra" and a little awkward.

Thoughts?
It's nice to be courteous and express appreciation to the staff. Benefit? Not on decisions. Read the archives posts on the topic.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users