MMI trigger questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted981412

Hi, it says that U Sydney MMI's ask "trigger questions" after the scenario. Can anyone please explain what this means?

That you have the chance to ask follow-up questions after the scenario so that you can formulate your answer?

Or

that they will cross-examine you at the end?

I think that it's the former, but do they always cross examine you at the end? Do they also ask follow-up questions at the end?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are just more questions about the scenario.

Scenario: Lady falls down on street
Question: What do you do?
Your answer: ---
"Trigger": You've decided to help, how would you approach her?

I think they ask all trigger questions regardless of your initial answer.

They are just more questions about the scenario.

Scenario: Lady falls down on street
Question: What do you do?
Your answer: ---
"Trigger": You've decided to help, how would you approach her?

I think they ask all trigger questions regardless of your initial answer.

Hey thanks, just so I understand--you start answering the question. When you're done, then they will ask a few follow up "trigger" questions is that right? So you have to anticipate one or two minutes to answer them? Also for are you allowed to ask them follow up questions to get more info about the scenario, or that isnt within the purview?

Hey thanks, just so I understand--you start answering the question. When you're done, then they will ask a few follow up "trigger" questions is that right? So you have to anticipate one or two minutes to answer them? Also for are you allowed to ask them follow up questions to get more info about the scenario, or that isnt within the purview?

It's really up to you and what you think is best. I answered the question fully, sometimes using 3+ minutes. I had typically already addressed things in the trigger questions, so then I would reiterate/further develop those answers. Some of my interviewers would ask the trigger question if I started down the path of answering it my initial response, others did not. This really sounds more confusing than it is. It's semi conversation-style, so just take the cues you are getting from your interviewer and you'll be fine. It was actually the most enjoyable MMI I've gone through. Really professional and they'll make sure you get to all the questions.

I did ask one or two follow up questions to get more information. The interviewers answered. I don't know if there's an official "policy" on that so YMMV.

Reactions: 1 user