Mnemonics for Layers of Adrenal Cortex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jo07

Dingo
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found this on Wiki on the Adrenal Cortex page...:D

Another mnemonic that is used is Go Find Rex, Make Good Sex: G - glomerulosa, F - fasciculata, R - reticularis, M - mineralcorticoids, G - glucocorticoids, S - sex hormones. (This mnemonic simplifies the relationship between the locations of production of glucocorticoids and sex hormones.)

Another mnemonic is "Salt, Sugar, Sex: The deeper you go, the sweeter it gets." As one moves layers into the adrenal cortex, compounds that control salt (mineralcorticoids), sugar (glucocorticoids), and sex (weak androgens) are produced.

Members don't see this ad.

I spent days studying hormones and classification, and not a single question on the real thing!! But never know for you...

Gl..

Members don't see this ad :)
dang... that site is sweeeet ms tooth lady. Too bad it probably won't help with the bio considering everyone's beeen saying they ask off the wall questions! :p

dang... that site is sweeeet ms tooth lady. Too bad it probably won't help with the bio considering everyone's beeen saying they ask off the wall questions! :p

ehhh dont go by what everone says... i took my dat a few days back, and i didnt see any weird problems in the science section. each question i came across looked familiar, and i studied from destroyer, kaplan, topscore and achiever. some tests will be hard, some will be easy, i guess they vary. go with your gut instincts and learn as much as possible, but dont be afraid of whats going to be on the real thing based on other peoples experience, because your experience will be totally different, or the same, no one knows, so no point to stress about it right now...i listened and was very afraid, because i felt that i didnt study as much as some people here, but it turned out to be ok....

ehhh dont go by what everone says... i took my dat a few days back, and i didnt see any weird problems in the science section. each question i came across looked familiar, and i studied from destroyer, kaplan, topscore and achiever. some tests will be hard, some will be easy, i guess they vary. go with your gut instincts and learn as much as possible, but dont be afraid of whats going to be on the real thing based on other peoples experience, because your experience will be totally different, or the same, no one knows, so no point to stress about it right now...i listened and was very afraid, because i felt that i didnt study as much as some people here, but it turned out to be ok....
D.D.S. is right...guys please just because few of us who took the test and are saying that bio is random does not imply that you should stop studying about human physiology. We are only telling you our experience...who knows your test might be different...and eventhough if your questions are weird like us...your knowledge will help you eliminate those wrong answers...because eventhough questions are weird they are still related to bio topics that are mentioned on ADA website. Once again, please do not ignore the material that we said we didnt come across, I would hate to see some1 scoring low because he/she thought that stuff wasnt gonna be on real thing and it shows up!