MOC Pain/Anesthesia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yo GabbaPentin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My Anesthesia certification expires this year and I haven’t don’t any of the quality improvement BS done. Are any of you just keeping pain certification or do I have to have both?

Members don't see this ad.

There is really zero barrier to having both. You do the same thing to keep both of them, so if you keep one, no reason not to keep both

Ok cool. I’ve done absolutely no research on it. I just know that there are going to be some ridiculous hoops I’ll have to jump through which will be expensive. Just didn’t know if there were more expensive hoops to keep both.

Members don't see this ad :)
do a stim review course as one half.

for the other half, go to the ASA website and do a bunch of the Quality Improvement online Patient Safety courses. there are 8 Patient Safety courses that qualify for 4 credits each, so do 7 of them (to get max 25 credits). you can get these done for roughly $310.

or submit a survey of some sort. which would be cost effective but you have to put in the effort.

Reactions: 1 users
do a stim review course as one half.

for the other half, go to the ASA website and do a bunch of the Quality Improvement online Patient Safety courses. there are 8 Patient Safety courses that qualify for 4 credits each, so do 7 of them (to get max 25 credits). you can get these done for roughly $310.

or submit a survey of some sort. which would be cost effective but you have to put in the effort.
Stim review course?