modified V5

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gaspony

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard that you can monitor V5 with a 3 lead. Can anyone tell us how this is done? Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I heard that you can monitor V5 with a 3 lead. Can anyone tell us how this is done? Thanks in advance

Standard 3 lead system with RA and LL in usual positions and LA in the V5 position. On the monitor, select lead I for monitoring and that gives you the modified V5 lead.

Standard 3 lead system with RA and LL in usual positions and LA in the V5 position. On the monitor, select lead I for monitoring and that gives you the modified V5 lead.

Long live the "Board Stiff"!!

From that description, it sounds like you could do the same thing by moving the LL lead up to the V5 spot and monitoring lead II.

But how the heck is this accurate? Using this method, you're basically monitoring the vector between leads I and II, which gives you very little information about V5 which is supposed to monitor the vector from the center of the heart to the anterior / anteroseptal walls of the myocardium (ie: LAD territory).

Why not just put a five lead on the patient if you're worried.