Months Before Intern Year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorThermal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My apologies if this has been asked before; but what should I do the months before intern year? I know most of my mentors have told me to lay back and relax while I can,not to study, and just make the best of the holiday that is fourth year. I'm finding this hard to do as intern year looms closer and closer and my brain is progressively atrophied from this whole process.

Any advice from current residents or attending?

Members don't see this ad.

If you want to do something I recommend going through the highest yield topics on orthobullets. Read the review and then do the questions. Or just go through basic science and anatomy on Orthobullets.

But, like most advice you have heard...take it easy. Don't get worked up about what you cannot control. You will know nothing (relative to the residents/staff) whether or not you go through orthobullets. Either way you will learn it quickly during your rotations as an intern.

Have fun during the end of 4th year. If not you will wish you had once residency begins.

Reactions: 1 user
You can look at the Hoppenfeld books (surgical exposures and physical exam) or yellow journal (if you have access) or the aforementioned orthobullets, but I’d just relax tbh.