more CVS bashing.. but u already know that.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sosoo

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://www.pharmacytimes.com/careers-news/express-scripts-cvs-rank-in-worst-companies-for-workers

thanks for making the vote.. i work 10 hours and 12 hour shifts on a 7 consecutive nights, but the past 2 years never once get to have a lunch break. i even stay after hour and upper management is still not satisfied. it really is the worst company in corporate America today.

Members don't see this ad.

http://www.pharmacytimes.com/careers-news/express-scripts-cvs-rank-in-worst-companies-for-workers

thanks for making the vote.. i work 10 hours and 12 hour shifts on a 7 consecutive nights, but the past 2 years never once get to have a lunch break. i even stay after hour and upper management is still not satisfied. it really is the worst company in corporate America today.

So you expect them to send a pharmacist for a 1 hour shift to cover your lunch break? If yiu work overnight, you should be able to get a break.

I work overnight at cvs and have NEVER gotten a lunch break. Maybe cvs should close the pharmacy for half an hour and let it's employees eat in peace like Walmart and target. But we all know that cvs will never do that. They could care less about employee satisfaction. I'm surprised cvs isn't number one as the worst company to work for. They probably had some idiot in HR make fake favorable reviews of cvs on glassdoor. Nevertheless, they are accurate in stating the lack of help and unreasonable expectations.

Members don't see this ad :)
I work overnight at cvs and have NEVER gotten a lunch break. Maybe cvs should close the pharmacy for half an hour and let it's employees eat in peace like Walmart and target. But we all know that cvs will never do that. They could care less about employee satisfaction. I'm surprised cvs isn't number one as the worst company to work for. They probably had some idiot in HR make fake favorable reviews of cvs on glassdoor. Nevertheless, they are accurate in stating the lack of help and unreasonable expectations.
How busy are you. Take your break when the computer restarts. That's what WVU2007 does.

How many customers do you have at 3 am...just sit and eat and stop complaining

How busy are you. Take your break when the computer restarts. That's what WVU2007 does.
The computer is down for 20 min. During that time I restock the machine. I usually walk into 8 pages in the Que and average 225 ready fills a nite. There is no time for a break.

How many customers do you have at 3 am...just sit and eat and stop complaining

It has nothing to do with how many customers I have you dumb ****.....it is about cleaning up the q so the day staff can get a head start for the day. If I took a break everyday I would be behind.

Reactions: 1 user
You literally have to work while you eat. Take one bite every 15 minutes. Don't make the doctor calls now though, they are closed from 12-1:30 for lunch.

It has nothing to do with how many customers I have you dumb ****.....it is about cleaning up the q so the day staff can get a head start for the day. If I took a break everyday I would be behind.

That is very true. You will be so behind if you take a break. In reference to wagrxm2000, CPO does everything for you. All you have to do is stand there. And it has nothing to do with training, which you will probably say that is the issue.

Next you are all going to be completing action plans and attending meetings about how to improve this rating! The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Sucks to work for cvs I guess. I've never seen this.

I'm curious, how many are you doing total per day that you have 250 overnight?

Last edited:
Next you are all going to be completing action plans and attending meetings about how to improve this rating! The beatings will continue until morale improves!
Off the clock meetings, to demonstrate your dedication

Drop all your windows down and leave a note to be back after 30 mins while you are not on the clock... what's wrong with this? I don't think you can get fired taking your lunch break. This is what I do when I worked GY.

A 30 minute break would put you behind? You must sell a lot of those prescriptions overnight as well.

I used to work at a CVS that would fill 1000 prescriptions a day. Worst f*cking sh** in my life. Now I work at an independent a few days a week that fills 1000 prescriptions a day. It's the easiest job in the world. It's incredible how different it can be from corporate retail to independent retail. Absolutely amazing.

At CVS I would take breaks all the time, and I would never get behind. As long as you keep up with your work, you should be good, but that can be said about any job. At the independent, if I don't keep up, I'll easily fall behind. The same goes for any job I work at.