Mosby's review 3rd edition Pharm tech exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ieatants23

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently bought Mosby's review for the pharmacy technician certification examination (3rd edition) and I was wondering if anyone had experience with this review book? I ask this mainly because I don't know how to approach the pharmacology portion for this book. The book lays out all these different categories for all these different drugs, but I am not sure if it is efficient to memorize a majority of these drugs. In fact, does anyone know how to approach the pharmacology portion of the PTCE efficiently? I was thinking of memorizing the top 200 drugs but I am not too sure if that's a reasonable idea..

Members don't see this ad.

I recently bought Mosby's review for the pharmacy technician certification examination (3rd edition) and I was wondering if anyone had experience with this review book? I ask this mainly because I don't know how to approach the pharmacology portion for this book. The book lays out all these different categories for all these different drugs, but I am not sure if it is efficient to memorize a majority of these drugs. In fact, does anyone know how to approach the pharmacology portion of the PTCE efficiently? I was thinking of memorizing the top 200 drugs but I am not too sure if that's a reasonable idea..
I took the PTCB and memorized the top 200 drugs. I think I got like 4 questions on drug names on the real test. So don't worry about knowing each and every drug name--focus more on the drug laws+compounding chapters

I took the PTCB and memorized the top 200 drugs. I think I got like 4 questions on drug names on the real test. So don't worry about knowing each and every drug name--focus more on the drug laws+compounding chapters
Thanks for the heads up. By top 200 drugs do you mean the top 200 prescribed drugs as mentioned in the mosbys review? Secondly, I assume I would just need to focus on brand name, generic name and therapeutic effects from each of the 200 prescribed drugs?

Thanks for the heads up. By top 200 drugs do you mean the top 200 prescribed drugs as mentioned in the mosbys review? Secondly, I assume I would just need to focus on brand name, generic name and therapeutic effects from each of the 200 prescribed drugs?
The list of the 200 prescribed drugs. Just focus on the brand+generic name--for therapeutic effects, it's easier to classify them into groups (etc -olol=beta blockers)