Program-Specific Info / Q's MOST at Cox College In Missouri

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sboldener

Reaction score
Hey, I just thought I would post to see if anyone else got into or is waiting to get into the MSOT program at Cox! I noticed there was a thread for the 2018 cycle but not 2019. I got into Cox and I am very excited. However I live in Texas and am currently on the waitlist of Abilene Christian which is much closer to my comfort zone. I don't know anyone in Missouri, or even what Missouri is like lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I am waiting to hear from Cox. When did you hear about an interview and acceptance?

Hi! I am waiting to hear from Cox. When did you hear about an interview and acceptance?
I was invited to interview through email March 7th and then the intervew itself was through webcam on the 18th. I found out I was accepted the following Thursday.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well congrats! Did you get any questions that were unexpected? I've been accepted to 2 other schools but am very interested in Cox. Have you decided to for sure attend?

Last edited:
The interview questions were pretty standard for me. What are you passionate about, strengths and weaknesses, why OT, why Cox specifically? I am putting down my deposit to hold my spot. It's the only program I have been accepted into thus far, waitlisted from two others. I will attend if it's the only one I get into certainly but I might go to one of the waitlisted schools if I get off just because it's closer to home.

Hi, I was accepted and will be attending the MSOT program at Cox College. I’m super excited! I am born and raised in Missouri, but have never lived in Springfield specifically. I hear it is an awesome town though. For housing we have been told by several people to stay south of downtown Springfield. North side I guess tends to have more crime.

Hi, if you guys don't mind can you post your stats? I'm applying here next cycle and would love to know if I stand a chance!

I am also waiting to hear back from Cox, I Interviewed in the 20th. Hoping to hear back soon!

Hi, if you guys don't mind can you post your stats? I'm applying here next cycle and would love to know if I stand a chance!
My stats are kinda all over the place to be honest lol. My GPA is 3.42 I believe. Academically I feel that I am pretty subpar, I have a couple of C's on my transcripts for the prerequisite classes. However, I am working as a technician at a rehab during my gap year and so I have 1000+ hours of observation experience, as well as observation in several different settings. I think my essay was strong, and I was well-liked by the OT's I observed under so I think my letters of recommendation were also strong.

I interviewed on March 21st so fingers crossed! I have been accepted at Creighton and am on the waitlist and Rockhurst and MU. Cox would be so much better financially than Creighton so I'm really hoping to get in.

I interviewed on March 21st so fingers crossed! I have been accepted at Creighton and am on the waitlist and Rockhurst and MU. Cox would be so much better financially than Creighton so I'm really hoping to get in.
I’ve been accepted to Drake, so like you I am very concerned about the cost so I’m really hoping to get off the waitlist at Rockhurst or be accepted into Cox.

Good luck to all of you!! If anyone gets in and is interested in becoming roommates or looking, let me know! :)

Just wondering if any more people have heard back. I interviewed on the 22nd and still haven’t heard anything. They told me to wait 1 to 3 weeks, but after reading that others knew fairly quickly, I’m starting to worry.

Just wondering if any more people have heard back. I interviewed on the 22nd and still haven’t heard anything. They told me to wait 1 to 3 weeks, but after reading that others knew fairly quickly, I’m starting to worry.
I also interviewed the 22nd and got told the same thing!

I interviewed March 20th and have not heard anything back either. They also told me 1-3 weeks.

Hi guys! I interviewed on the 25th and I have not heard anything back either, but they did tell me 1-3 weeks as well! Good luck to everyone.

Well it makes me feel better knowing they didn’t just tell me that. Good luck y’all!

Hi, I was accepted and will be attending the MSOT program at Cox College. I’m super excited! I am born and raised in Missouri, but have never lived in Springfield specifically. I hear it is an awesome town though. For housing we have been told by several people to stay south of downtown Springfield. North side I guess tends to have more crime.

Hey!!! I will also be attending Cox in the Fall! Super excited to find this forum and someone else who will be attending! We should definitely start a FB group or something :) Good to know about the housing because I will be moving from the Chicagoland area!

Hey!!! I will also be attending Cox in the Fall! Super excited to find this forum and someone else who will be attending! We should definitely start a FB group or something :) Good to know about the housing because I will be moving from the Chicagoland area!
When did you have your interview and when did you receive your acceptance?

I was thinking the same thing about a Facebook group. I can create one, if one hasn't already been created. Should it just be named "Cox College MSOT- Class of 2021" ? I feel like that would be a great place for everyone who will be attending to connect!

I was thinking the same thing about a Facebook group. I can create one, if one hasn't already been created. Should it just be named "Cox College MSOT- Class of 2021" ? I feel like that would be a great place for everyone who will be attending to connect!
Yes definitely!! I don’t think anyone has made one yet so that’d be awesome