Most Degrading Rejection So Far

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

K Thunder

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought this might get a laugh out of everyone, and thought we could share funny stories along the way.

When I received my rejection from SUNY Buffalo it went something like this....

" Dear Ms. Brown, Thank you for your application....."

The funny thing is, I happen to be a Mr. and not a Ms., just goes to show you how much time they spent looking at my application. Given the picture I submitted with my application I think I could hardly be mistaken for a female.

Also, did anyone else who got rejected from Michigan notice that the attached rejection letter was titled "NO 2008." This took the suspense out of the email for me somewhat......

Members don't see this ad.

Also, did anyone else who got rejected from Michigan notice that the attached rejection letter was titled "NO 2008." This took the suspense out of the email for me somewhat......

Nice subtle attachment. Would hurt more if it were the subject of the email.

For me, its gotta be the Hopkins Triple Rejection Buffet. That was the best so far.

I would honestly like it if programs just wrote in the subject of the email:

"Name of Program"--> Rejection

Then I wouldn't have to open the email, read the all crap about how many applications they get and how it's nothing personal blah blah blah.

Members don't see this ad :)
I pretty much got something like that... the subject of the email is "Decline for Interview: Name of Program" I didn't think it was very nice though

For me, its gotta be the Hopkins Triple Rejection Buffet. That was the best so far.

Then I wouldn't have to open the email, read the all crap about how many applications they get and how it's nothing personal blah blah blah.

That's not a bad idea.

I think it would be funny to see an email that doesn't praise its rejected applicants or wax on about how many applications they get.

Just a short and simple, "Not good enough. Toodles."

That's not a bad idea.

I think it would be funny to see an email that doesn't praise its rejected applicants or wax on about how many applications they get.

Just a short and simple, "Not good enough. Toodles."
The trend seems to be that if the subject line doesn't say interview or invitation or something similar, it's been a nay. All of my nays just had the name of the program in the subject line..except for Stanford which just said "your application".

i think the worst one is when they snail mail you and the PD actually signs the letter to indicate that they really do NOT want you.

i would prefer an email rejection, so i can quickly delete it.

In that case, you'd probably like Stanford's prelim rejection:

subject of email: "Sorry...from Stanford Medicine"
:laugh: