Most Important Criteria in Choosing a Dental School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toothmaster20311

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
As It's time for us to begin selecting schools, I wonder, what are the most important criteria in choosing a dental school? The first few things that come to mind are:
1.Price
2. Clincal exposure
3. Location
4. Facilities
5. Staff
6. Reputation

What else is there? How would you rate these 6?

Members don't see this ad.

As It's time for us to begin selecting schools, I wonder, what are the most important criteria in choosing a dental school? The first few things that come to mind are:
1.Price
2. Clincal exposure
3. Location
4. Facilities
5. Staff
6. Reputation

Are you looking to specialize? I thonkbthat thebfirst two are the most important. I do think that after that reputation, and than all the others.

1.Price
2. Clincal exposure
3. Location
4. Facilities
5. Staff
6. Reputation

if looking to specialize...

1. curriculum
2. do they rank
3. price*
4. reputation
5. staff
6. facilities

*I think price is important when you're dealing with a 450k private school vs a 250k state school. I do not think it is as important when choosing between a topnotch school for 320k vs a 250k not-so-great state school. Example: I would choose UConn or Stony Brook over my own state school.

As far as location, as long as I feel safe and seats get filled, I'm okay.

Members don't see this ad :)
if looking to specialize...

1. curriculum
2. do they rank
3. price*
4. reputation
5. staff
6. facilities

*I think price is important when you're dealing with a 450k private school vs a 250k state school. I do not think it is as important when choosing between a topnotch school for 320k vs a 250k not-so-great state school. Example: I would choose UConn or Stony Brook over my own state school.

As far as location, as long as I feel safe and seats get filled, I'm okay.
would switch 1 and 2 imo but yea eveyrthing else looks gucci