Most you ever made in a shift?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dred Pirate

Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since there is a lot of gloom and doom in here lately, and a lot of reminiscing of the good ole days. I was curious as to what the most any of you have ever made in a single shift?

My record was $200 an hour x 10 hours = $2000 at a Targe. It was Christmas Eve 2005. My staffing agency called me on the 22nd needing help. My base pay was $50, they offered me triple, I told them I would do it for quadruple (I was greedy). They said they would have to check other people first. They called me back the next AM and offered $200. I was an independent contractor so I actually got a check for 2 grand - it was amazing for someone who was only out of school less than a year.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users
Since there is a lot of gloom and doom in here lately, and a lot of reminiscing of the good ole days. I was curious as to what the most any of you have ever made in a single shift?

My record was $200 an hour x 10 hours = $2000 at a Targe. It was Christmas Eve 2005. My staffing agency called me on the 22nd needing help. My base pay was $50, they offered me triple, I told them I would do it for quadruple (I was greedy). They said they would have to check other people first. They called me back the next AM and offered $200. I was an independent contractor so I actually got a check for 2 grand - it was amazing for someone who was only out of school less than a year.
And this is why target pharmacy was sold to cvs lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
They would laugh at you to even suggest a single dollar more nowadays...

I worked 14 hours one day (two separate shifts). So $816.20.

Members don't see this ad :)

Nice. I made 19 k in one day but most was a s/o bonus

Reactions: 1 user
I was paid $1000 after tax for a 2-hour lecture on herbal and homeopathic medicines, which was actually fun to do.

The most I have ever made in a day was $80K but that was my severance package. :) This company paid it out as a lump sum, unlike the other time I was laid off when it was paid out over the agreed period on the same biweekly schedule as my regular paychecks...

Reactions: 4 users
I was paid $1000 after tax for a 2-hour lecture on herbal and homeopathic medicines, which was actually fun to do.

The most I have ever made in a day was $80K but that was my severance package. :) This company paid it out as a lump sum, unlike the other time I was laid off when it was paid out over the agreed period on the same biweekly schedule as my regular paychecks...
That per hr is hArd to beat. I have a buddy who does talks for a medical device company. He makes 2k per day Plus expenses when he travels for them. Does then every month or two. A pretty sweet gig

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
My most made per shift would have to be in the same city in Illinois. I worked 6 hours on a Saturday am for a brand new sams club. I filled 4 rx’s with a tech. Was paid $300 for this shift for a cool $75 per rx. We had no idea how good we had it. Same city as comedy rx.

That per hr is hArd to beat. I have a buddy who does talks for a medical device company. He makes 2k per day Plus expenses when he travels for them. Does then every month or two. A pretty sweet gig
Unfortunately, as an in-house employee of a major pharma company I no longer qualify for this type of thing. But I absolutely love me a captive audience, so I would have even done it for free (yay, 150 people to talk at for 2 hours about something I actually found interesting!). Getting paid was a nice bonus. One of my back-up back-up plans is to found a cult should this corporate career thing fizzle out. :D

My most paid was ~$160/hr.

It was a holiday (an additional 50%), overtime (50%), and I'm allowed to get paid out in PTO on holidays (another 100%). So I was basically paid at 300% rate although I guess it's cheating cause of the PTO cashout.

Probably working Christmas overnight at CVS. Think I was paid around 56/hr x double time x 12 hours + $5/hr differential for 8 hours or so = $1,384.

Most recently, I bought $9,500 worth of ETH@1,150 at the start of my shift, by the time my shift ended ETH was 1,330. So the $9,500 became $10,986 so that was an extra $1,486 I made while working plus the $600 or so from my shift. I love it when your money works for you.

8 AM to 9 PM + 4 hours travel time

8.0 REG ~$560
4.0 OT1.5 ~$425
4.0 OT2.0 ~$560

There was 1 hr meal period so total of 16 hrs

With mileage payout of ~$150 (see this for info) a total of ~$1700

18 hours at pay plus 20 bucks at wags when I first got out 18*77.5=1395

Yes, back in 2010. I was working clinical days at the Children's Hospital (CHOA) Our overnight pharmacist quit with NO Notice. Overnights was very tough with over 200 beds, 30 ICU beds and 1 pharmacist/ 2 techs! AND we had to attend all Code Blues! Worked out a deal with Director, $1000/night for 10hr shift plus all nigh diff pay FOR 6 MONTHS. Was about $15K/month + full benefits in 2010 money!

$2400 for 4 hours call back on Sat. My manager was generous since we had been understaffed for months.

Last edited:
  • Wow
I seem to have volunteered for a double today. I'm not sure what counts for an evening shift differential and what doesn't, and they usually don't pay me correctly anyway, but here's my best guess. Hours 1 to 12 are time and a half (as I only got 7 hours rest between shifts). Hours over 12 are double time. Let's call it $1977.

Last edited:
~$2200 for a 3 hour shift. When I first got licensed we had a program where every grad intern had a bank of hours to use between graduation and licensure. I got licensed towards the end of a pay period and had some extra hours to use so my DM asked me to go help a store out for a few hours. We can't change pay rates in the middle of a pay period though so clocking in for that shift reclassified my whole pay period as pharmacist rate of pay instead of grad intern.

the most i made in a day was turning 7k into 300k trading AMC call options while working a shift. don't ask me how much of it i have left

Last edited: