General Admissions & OTCAS MOT Applications in VA/DC Area

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey! I have not heard back from them. I actually applied early decision and they did not recommend me for it so my application was put in the regular decision pool.
Hey! Oh goodness, that’s frustrating. I’ve only heard back from them saying that my application and everything is finalized and ready for review.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! Oh goodness, that’s frustrating. I’ve only heard back from them saying that my application and everything is finalized and ready for review.
It is definitely frustrating considering it is my first choice! But I hope we get to hear back from them soon :) keep me updated!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Did anyone else apply to VCU or Howard?

I applied to VCU! Haven't heard anything. Wbu?
I just got another email from VCU stating that they have begun to evaluate early decision applications and that my application has been assigned for review. They said that they will be evaluated in December and early decision applicants will be notified after the first of the new year if you are invited for an interview. Not sure if you all applied to the early decision but just wanted to update!

I have not heard anything back either and was just curious to see if anyone has yet
Yeah unfortunately I think it will be a little while since the deadline for regular decisions was only two weeks ago :/

Just got my official acceptance email from Shenandoah! Hope everyone else hears back today as well.

Reactions: 1 users
I just heard that I’ve been waitlisted at Shenandoah. Not sure how to feel about it, but I guess it’s better than nothing, right?! Still feeling nervous and hoping to hear back in January/February about whether or not I’ve been moved from the waitlist to the acceptance/denial list.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just heard that I’ve been waitlisted at Shenandoah. Not sure how to feel about it, but I guess it’s better than nothing, right?! Still feeling nervous and hoping to hear back in January/February about whether or not I’ve been moved from the waitlist to the acceptance/denial list.
Did they email you or did you get into contact with them? I haven’t heard anything back from them and it’s starting to worry me a bit

I was also waitlisted from Shenandoah. I feel the same way. A bit disappointed but I'm not losing hope! I am hoping that after I submit my grades for this semester, they will get back to me with an acceptance/denial. Wishing you the best!

I was also waitlisted from Shenandoah. I feel the same way. A bit disappointed but I'm not losing hope! I am hoping that after I submit my grades for this semester, they will get back to me with an acceptance/denial. Wishing you the best!
I was waitlisted too

Hey guys! Truthfully probably denying my seat for Shenandoah and I'm sure there are others in my position as well! Don't lose hope - I'm sure you could make it off the waitlist! Keep your heads up :)

Hey!!! That is still awesome. Remember that a lot of people apply to many schools and get accepted into multiple as well and obviously can only attend one. I'm sure there will be people that were accepted to Shenandoah and then decide not to go. Remain hopeful it will all work out! It is still super early too! Programs accept people usually up until the program starts and until all their spots are full!

For Howard, do any of you know if they will accept those who have one outstanding prerequisite? Or do they require that all pre-reqs be complete at the time of application? I haven't taken physics yet so I'm debating if it's worth applying. I wonder if they offer conditional acceptances?

For Howard, do any of you know if they will accept those who have one outstanding prerequisite? Or do they require that all pre-reqs be complete at the time of application? I haven't taken physics yet so I'm debating if it's worth applying. I wonder if they offer conditional acceptances?
They do! My mentor went there

I am currently a first year MOT student at radford and love it! Let me know if you have any questions!
Hi Cassie!! My interview is on Monday for Radford and I am SO nervous! I've never done a group interview or had a writing prompt for an interview before so this is all very new to me! Do you have any tips for me? Radford is one of my top schools and I really want to knock this interview out of the park!

I just got an email from SU OT admissions saying "we are sorry you chose to withdraw your application" and asking me to fill out a withdrawal survey, but I plan on attending and even paid my deposit yesterday. Did anyone else get this?

I just got an email from SU OT admissions saying "we are sorry you chose to withdraw your application" and asking me to fill out a withdrawal survey, but I plan on attending and even paid my deposit yesterday. Did anyone else get this?
Hi! I got an email from them confirming that they got my deposit. I’m attending the OTD program and the deadline for us to pay the deposit was the 4th of January. When was the deadline for you? I would maybe contact them and let them know that you are planning on attending and that you paid your deposit. Maybe they overlooked it!!

Last edited:
Hey! I would for sure reach out to them. I am sure it is a misunderstanding. Did you pay your deposit by the deadline? Maybe it has not been processed yet? Reach out to the school or better yet call them tomorrow!

I called them yesterday and they had made a mistake on their end and said they'd get back to me. I got an email this morning saying they received my deposit, but my Hornet Hub account still shows $500 in credit :rofl: So weird, I might call again later

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard from JMU's MOT program?

Has anyone heard from JMU's MOT program?
I got an email the first week of January saying my application was being reviewed and they would make decisions in the coming weeks/months.

Am I the only person who applied to Shenandoah's MOT program and just recently got invited to interview on Monday (Jan. 25th)? Makes me a bit nervous that so many people interviewed early December and have either already been accepted or waitlisted, even though I haven't even interviewed yet..

But for those who did interview with SU, any suggestions? Sounds like it's super conversational and some of you got asked different types of questions, but anything to help me prepare would be super helpful. :) Thanks!

Last edited:
So, it looked like there were about 40 of us interviewed for the MSOT or OTD program at Shenandoah on 1/25. If anyone hears back from them please let me know (specifically for MSOT). Very excited and anxiously waiting! I know people that interviewed in December have already received acceptances or been placed on waitlists, so I'm nervous to see how this plays out for those of us that just interviewed.

So, it looked like there were about 40 of us interviewed for the MSOT or OTD program at Shenandoah on 1/25. If anyone hears back from them please let me know (specifically for MSOT). Very excited and anxiously waiting! I know people that interviewed in December have already received acceptances or been placed on waitlists, so I'm nervous to see how this plays out for those of us that just interviewed.
Hello! I interviewed the same day as you for the MSOT. I’m anxiously waiting to hear back as well!

I got a voicemail from Dr. Skuthan today saying I've been accepted to Shenandoah!!! I will definitely be accepting once the official email and everything comes through!

Reactions: 2 users
I got a voicemail from Dr. Skuthan today saying I've been accepted to Shenandoah!!! I will definitely be accepting once the official email and everything comes through!
Yay! Congratulations!! I was placed on the alternate list, I’m thinking it’s because I’m currently taking one of the pre-req classes right now.

Anyone heard from JMU or still waiting?
Hey Guys I was accepted to JMU last Thursday and I will be accepting. If anyone else has gotten an acceptance email let me know! I would love to connect and maybe make a Facebook group also.

Good Luck to Everyone!

Hey Guys I was accepted to JMU last Thursday and I will be accepting. If anyone else has gotten an acceptance email let me know! I would love to connect and maybe make a Facebook group also.

Good Luck to Everyone!
Wow! Congratulations! I’m super jealous. I’m still waiting to hear but they’re my #1 for sure...

Have you heard anything yet?