MOT program in Austin- St. Augustine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kt828

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone applying for the new MOT program in Austin from St. Augustine?
http://www.usa.edu/p39-43-Master-of-Occupational-Therapy.aspx

Their website says:
"*Proposed Master of Occupational Therapy Program: We have planned TX campus program start dates of Fall 2014 based on the accreditation approval process. We are currently accepting applications but are unable to process these until official approval to do so has been received. As soon as approval has been received, applications will be processed in the order in which they were received and you will be notified regarding your status."

I am going to call them to try and get more info about their accreditation and when they think that will be finished. Has anyone else already looked into this?

With so few OT schools in Texas and so many of us applicants it would be lovely to have another option for places to apply!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there! I have applied to the Austin campus for the Fall 2014 semester! I don't know when to expect to hear back from them, but I work as a therapy tech and my boss is a St. Augustine alumni from the Florida campus. She is going to tour the new Austin campus and find out more about it at the end of January, so I will update with what she tells me!

I don't know a lot about St. Augustine in general, but my boss did the MOT program in Florida and loved it. She only has great things to say about the program and staff, and says she had the time of her life in grad school. She is a wonderful Occupational therapist, and credits St. Augustine with preparing her so well.

I was wondering if anyone else had heard anything about the Austin MOT program, or if anyone else had applied for the Fall program?

I've emailed with them and am planning to take a tour soon. I still need regular physics so if none of the other schools work out for me this year I'll apply to St. Augustine to start next Spring (it says online they will admit students three times a year) and get physics out of the way at ACC in the fall

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Is anyone going down to Austin for the interview on March 22nd? Can't wait to meet you all!

Hey Everyone,

I applied to the Austin program as well and will be there for the interview on the 22nd. Any ideas on what to expect?

that's great that st. augustine is opening another satellite OT program. since it's already a well-established, reputable OT program you all won't have to worry so much about their accreditation going through!

Did anyone end up going to St. Augustine in Austin, Tx???