Move out of state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DMDStudent6

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long after Dental school with CRDTS can I move out of state without having to take board exams? Is that a possibility? Or would I have to take other boards to move out at any time? I imagine the older dentists moving out of state aren’t taking boards in order to move out. I am not able to find that information anywhere. Does anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

How long after Dental school with CRDTS can I move out of state without having to take board exams? Is that a possibility? Or would I have to take other boards to move out at any time? I imagine the older dentists moving out of state aren’t taking boards in order to move out. I am not able to find that information anywhere. Does anyone know?
Licensure by credentials usually kicks in after 5 years of practice in another a state.

Big Hoss

Reactions: 1 users
Depends on each state. Sometimes you will indeed have to retake boards.

When I took the WREB, there was a practicing OMFS and Ortho who wanted to move to California (unwise already) that had to re learn composites and endo to pass.

But generally 5yr is pretty good for reciprocity

Reactions: 1 user