Moving from CA to TX worth it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whooooopwhoop

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am a post-bacc student at a local state school. I'm doing a DIY post-bacc, which I can do anywhere. I have family that lives in TX, and I've been offered the chance to live with them and go to school there. I'll move anywhere to increase my chances of acceptance to dental school, and I understand that TX accepts a small number of OOS. Should I move to TX to get that boost for TX dental schools when applying in 2 years? Or should I maintain my CA residency? The highest GPA I can have when applying is a 3.0 sgpa, so I'm not expecting to get into a CA dental school even if I continue to live here.
But you believe that Tx schools would be thrilled to have you.

Reactions: 1 user
I am a post-bacc student at a local state school. I'm doing a DIY post-bacc, which I can do anywhere. I have family that lives in TX, and I've been offered the chance to live with them and go to school there. I'll move anywhere to increase my chances of acceptance to dental school, and I understand that TX accepts a small number of OOS. Should I move to TX to get that boost for TX dental schools when applying in 2 years? Or should I maintain my CA residency? The highest GPA I can have when applying is a 3.0 sgpa, so I'm not expecting to get into a CA dental school even if I continue to live here.
Do a masters

Members don't see this ad :)
I never said they would be thrilled, let alone even accept me lol. Just wondering if I stand even a slightly better chance if I'm a TX resident vs being a CA resident.
There's plenty of traditional masters that accept below 3.0, but you will be on probation for the first semester. A traditional masters is the way to go.

Now in concerns to Texas dental schools , idk much about them , but you might have to stick to private , unless you kill your masters and your DAT

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you move to Texas be sure to look over the requirements to establish residency. You can't just live here and go to school for 2 years and then expect residency. Ask me how I know...

:(:D

Reactions: 1 user