MPH at UNC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopeful1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys
has anybody heard from UNC yet? where r u checking your status? its so scary waiting for admission decisions

Members don't see this ad.

i applied in early december . i have not heard from them so far!where else have u applied? any other calls?

Members don't see this ad :)
hopeful1 said:
i applied in early december . i have not heard from them so far!where else have u applied? any other calls?

Application process varies per school. Consider calling the program assistant there and see/get an idea how long the application process takes. And surely it takes longer than 2 days!

hopeful1 said:
hi guys
has anybody heard from UNC yet? where r u checking your status? its so scary waiting for admission decisions

If you check under www.unc.edu/admissions, the status will change from applied to notification sent once a decision has been made. When you receive notification depends on what department you applied for.

Uptill now I have not received any PIN no.to check my application whcihis required to check my application status. What about you guys?

when you sent in your application, you should have gotten an email from UNC telling you that the application was received. that email will tell you what your PID# (personal ID#) is. i applied to the epi dept, so the subject of my email is "EPID - application received".

Guys, how are you receiving your notification from UNC? Also, has anybody who has applied to the MPH epidemiology received their notification?

coolmavs said:
Guys, how are you receiving your notification from UNC? Also, has anybody who has applied to the MPH epidemiology received their notification?

I received my acceptance from UNC last week, but it was for the phd program. I got a letter in the mail from the graduate school followed by an email from the department.

Any news form the Epdemiology department regarding the MPH decisions? Other deadlines for replying back and paying the deposit is approaching, no news yet about the MPH?

I got my letter from UNC's Public Health Leadership program to start Summer II.

coolmavs said:
Any news form the Epdemiology department regarding the MPH decisions? Other deadlines for replying back and paying the deposit is approaching, no news yet about the MPH?

trixmd said:
I got my letter from UNC's Public Health Leadership program to start Summer II.

Congratulations Trixmd! I, too, applied for the PHLP for Fall 2006. I submitted my application right before the April deadline. When did you apply? Also, I didn't know you could start in the Summer - is that true?

I thought that Summer 2 was the recommended start date. As it turns out, I can't start until the Fall anyway. I'll be a Prev Med resident, and my program has some other requirements over the summertime.

I submitted my application in Feb, but some of my supporting documents didn't make it in until 31 Mar. Also, since I already have an MD, I didn't need to submit GRE scores, but they wouldn't review my application until it was complete (IE with the GRE scores), so I had to make a couple of phone calls/emails to let the admissions bubbas know why those weren't coming.

I was just down at Chapel Hill this weekend, and got a sweet apartment 2 blocks from campus on N Columbia. I can't wait to start.

Are all of your supporting doc's in yet? Are you a UNC med student or practicing clinician?

uncgrad99 said:
Congratulations Trixmd! I, too, applied for the PHLP for Fall 2006. I submitted my application right before the April deadline. When did you apply? Also, I didn't know you could start in the Summer - is that true?

trixmd...and any other soon-to-be Tar Heels. If you want any advice concerning Chapel Hill (living accomodations, transportation, night life) send me a private message. I am sad to be leaving, I couldn't have asked for anything else from Chapel Hill and the UNC SPH. Let me be the first to say that the new $50 million Hooker Research Center is amazing, and you will definitely enjoy Chapel Hill.

I have submitted all of my supporting docs but it was down to the wire with getting all of the Letters of Recommendation in. I am not a med student nor a practicing clinician, but have worked in Public Health (specifically, Quality Improvement) for over 5 years.

trixmd said:
I thought that Summer 2 was the recommended start date. As it turns out, I can't start until the Fall anyway. I'll be a Prev Med resident, and my program has some other requirements over the summertime.

I submitted my application in Feb, but some of my supporting documents didn't make it in until 31 Mar. Also, since I already have an MD, I didn't need to submit GRE scores, but they wouldn't review my application until it was complete (IE with the GRE scores), so I had to make a couple of phone calls/emails to let the admissions bubbas know why those weren't coming.

I was just down at Chapel Hill this weekend, and got a sweet apartment 2 blocks from campus on N Columbia. I can't wait to start.

Are all of your supporting doc's in yet? Are you a UNC med student or practicing clinician?

Trixmd and others,

Do you know how many people apply to the UNC PHLP program and the percentage accepted? How many are in each class?