MPH in Florida international university,Miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

venki_dr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello friends,
I got my admission in FIU for MPH and my classes are starting in August 29th.I am arriving there on August 10th.I would like to know what sort of part time jobs I can get in the university which would make me survive easily.
Similarly I will be very happy to find any MPH students in FIU,Miami and find out more about living as a student.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I spent four years of undergrad at FIU and I was also admitted to their MPH program for fall 2014, however I will not be attending (I'm going to University of Miami instead). One of my friends did the MPH at FIU and she never seemed to be too stressed or overwhelmed by the program so you should have no problem working part time. My question is, what do you want to do when you finish. You should probably get a job based on your interests. You could try getting something as a research assistant in the medical school or something of that nature. Go to this website to see what jobs are currently available at the university http://hr.fiu.edu/pshr/

Also, may I ask where you are moving from? Miami is a wonderful city and I plan to stay or the long haul. I had a great experience at FIU during undergrad. If you have more specific questions, I would be more than willing to help.