MPH programs/job placement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masterdesi06

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I'm new to this site, and I was hoping to get some information on MPH programs.

I have been accepted to Colorado for Applied Biostatistics and UC Irvine for
Epidemiology.

I was wondering, how are the opportunities for fellowships and what not for each
program? Also, how do each of them rank in terms of post-graduation job placement?

Members don't see this ad.

Someone can chime in if they're more familiar with either program, but a lot of times it's not where you go that matters, but what you do. Look at the faculty of each university and see where/whom you want to make your connections with. No matter what MPH program you're at, you can always apply for internships at prestigious organizations like CDC, WHO, etc. Sure people from schools like Hopkins might have a slight advantage on their resume, but that doesn't mean you can't still compete for those internships that can help you get the jobs you want. Also, try to get involved with research (again, see which faculty you want to connect with). If someone here hasn't gone to either of those programs, try to see if you can get connected with people who've graduated from them and ask them. Good luck!