MPH programs that will take MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dogwood.22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi friends ~

I'm taking the MCAT this June and found myself in a jam because I'm deciding to not apply to med school because I feel more equipped to matriculate into an MPH program (have always been strongly interested in public health and MPH degree, just was conflicted when).

Does anyone have any experiences if you've applied using your MCAT with which schools will accept it over the GRE? Also what would be the benefits of taking the MCAT over the GRE for application leverage purposes, especially if I'm looking into epidemiology programs, if it matters. And if anyone knows anything about University of Washington's program in particular, that would be excellent (can't find anything on their website). I'm an idiot for getting myself into this haha but gotta increase my chances where I can!

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools will have test score requirements on their admissions websites, but the majority to except MCAT in lieu of GRE scores. There are no benefits to taking the MCAT over the GRE. In fact, I would argue that the MCAT is worse because it is harder to do well and the studying is horrible in comparison.