MPJE was tough today...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tessalon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow, that was a hard test. I thought the Naplex went better than the MPJE. There were so many questions I just sat there like "huh?". I didn't agree with the wording of some of the answers provided. I read over my law book and reviewed my notes so many times I could probably recite the law, but most of the test was situational and you had to "apply" the law. Those K-type questions are killer, too. I would definitely know answer 1 and 2, but not 3, etc. I hate how they make you second guess yourself with those types of problems.
I don't know if I passed or not.:(

Members don't see this ad.

I got lucky I passed the AZ law the first time, but the last 3 pharmacists that were hired at the current pharmacy I work at failed (2 transfers from another state and 1 new pharmacist).

Wow, that was a hard test. I thought the Naplex went better than the MPJE. There were so many questions I just sat there like "huh?". I didn't agree with the wording of some of the answers provided. I read over my law book and reviewed my notes so many times I could probably recite the law, but most of the test was situational and you had to "apply" the law. Those K-type questions are killer, too. I would definitely know answer 1 and 2, but not 3, etc. I hate how they make you second guess yourself with those types of problems.
I don't know if I passed or not.:(

Yeah, I heard that, too. They don't ask you questions about the law, it's all scenario based.

yea i just took it and it felt horrible, anybody get their scores back yet and passed when they were almost sure they didn't?

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the FL MPJE on Thursday and am anxiously awaiting my results. I thought it was pretty tricky as well! The NAPLEX is straight forward, I thought, but the MPJE was another story.

I took the FL MPJE on Thursday and am anxiously awaiting my results. I thought it was pretty tricky as well! The NAPLEX was straight forward, I thought, but the MPJE was another story.

I took the FL MPJE on Thursday. I felt like every question was trying to trick me! It was very different from the NAPLEX. I can't wait to see if I passed! :luck:

yea i just took it and it felt horrible, anybody get their scores back yet and passed when they were almost sure they didn't?

I know a lot of students who were positive that they failed the MPJE and they all passed.

I'm sure you did fine!

I got lucky I passed the AZ law the first time, but the last 3 pharmacists that were hired at the current pharmacy I work at failed (2 transfers from another state and 1 new pharmacist).

How'd u study for the Arizona board? Their State Board website is just bare bones...

I see that the MPJE hasn't gotten any better.

It's not that people don't know their subject, but the questions are worded oddly. Also there are some questions on manufacturing law that your law profs. don't remember to teach you in school (how many years should you keep lot models after expiration).

I recommend the Federal Pharmacy Law by Reiss (I think) for a realistic look at the questions on the MPJE. I used it myself to pass it years ago. (I get NO reimbursement or benefits from recommending this book.)

I just took the AZ MPJE and I want to cry...Naplex was cake...but for all I know I could have bombed today's exam.

Even Kaplan course can't prepare you for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just took the AZ MPJE and I want to cry...Naplex was cake...but for all I know I could have bombed today's exam.

Even Kaplan course can't prepare you for that.

I will share my box of Kleenex with you. :( I also just got home from the exam. I know lots of people say everyone feels that way after the AZ MPJE...but seriously I could not have passed that exam. It was horrible! And some of the questions were so irrelevant to what most pharmacists will ever see in their practice. It's so frustrating!

I got my NAPLEX results yesterday (took it on Friday 7/20), and passed easily. I was so happy yesterday, and today my spirit is broken. I'll probably get my results on Friday. I'm hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst. I think in AZ I have to wait 91 days to retake it.

I will share my box of Kleenex with you. :( I also just got home from the exam. I know lots of people say everyone feels that way after the AZ MPJE...but seriously I could not have passed that exam. It was horrible! And some of the questions were so irrelevant to what most pharmacists will ever see in their practice. It's so frustrating!

I got my NAPLEX results yesterday (took it on Friday 7/20), and passed easily. I was so happy yesterday, and today my spirit is broken. I'll probably get my results on Friday. I'm hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst. I think in AZ I have to wait 91 days to retake it.
Given all the trouble life has thrown your way in the last 2 years, I am sure you passed it

I passed NAPLEX with 124 yey!!! but i'm sure I fail MPJE today.... like some poster said, if i had my notes and books with me with internet connection and the 2 hours, I won't be able to answer these questions... I only had like 5 straight forward questions out of the 90...
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Let me be the first to welcome to the registered pharmacist list in AZ! Don't worry, we all felt that way coming out of the AZ MPJE boards.
my girlfriend just found out she passed with an 80 (I snuck by with a 75 a couple years ago)!
she'll be official tomorrow.

if i had my notes and books with me with internet connection and the 2 hours, I won't be able to answer these questions...

I agree! I was planning on moving to WA next summer, but if I didn't pass the AZ MPJE, then I might as well move next month, start studying WA laws, and retake it there. I don't think I'll have to wait 3 months because I score transferred the NAPLEX. I don't see what more I could study to be able to answer those questions! :confused:

I'll probably get my results on Friday. I'm hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst. I think in AZ I have to wait 91 days to retake it.
you think they'll be available that soon? If so, I might as well try to get mine on Friday as well. Like you said, I'm prepared for the worst possible score. Also, I didn't think you had to wait that long to retake the MPJE in AZ.

R%oxy, sent you a PM, but I just noticed....it's 91 days for the NAPLEX...it's only 30 for the MPJE (but don't worry I'm sure you've passed)

...it's 91 days for the NAPLEX...it's only 30 for the MPJE (but don't worry I'm sure you've passed)

Oh, that makes me feel a little better. :oops:

cacaitachi23 said:
you think they'll be available that soon? If so, I might as well try to get mine on Friday as well.

If you drive to the AZ board of pharmacy at the state capitol and pick them up, then they're usually available two business days after you take the exam.

I felt the same way after the MPJE, but I managed to pass with an 82. Remember, out of 90 questions that 30 are experimental and don't count. That's a full 1/3 of the exam. A lot of the ones that you're sure that you missed will be those questions. Don't worry!

I was scared too but I passed. I have no idea what I got right or wrong and if I took it again, I'd probably feel just as clueless walking out of the test. I don't know how they score that thing, but I'm glad I am not taking it again. Guess I'm stuck in this state now unless I can work for the government :laugh:

Waiting on these results is the most agonizing experience I've ever had to put up with. I can't even sleep...probably got like 2 hours in the last 48 hours.

I was hoping, pass or fail, to put this all to bed today, but AZ board says they aren't getting any results today. :scared:

I can't take it too much longer.

Waiting on these results is the most agonizing experience I've ever had to put up with. I can't even sleep...probably got like 2 hours in the last 48 hours.

I was hoping, pass or fail, to put this all to bed today, but AZ board says they aren't getting any results today. :scared:

I can't take it too much longer.

Still no results! Apparently, there is some sort of computer problem that is preventing the AZ BOP from getting the results from NABP, and they don't know when the problem will be fixed. Otherwise, I would have had my score on Friday. This is torture!!!

Still no results! Apparently, there is some sort of computer problem that is preventing the AZ BOP from getting the results from NABP, and they don't know when the problem will be fixed. Otherwise, I would have had my score on Friday. This is torture!!!
yea, it is...Essentially every evening I work myself up in anticipation of getting my scores back and having a little stress relief, then am let down by finding out NABP is still down...then repeat the cycle. They have to be sick of me, as I bug them frequently about it.

But who knows...maybe tomorrow is the day.

I can't remember that quote about insanity and repeating the same routine over verbatim, but it most certainly applies for me right now.

That stinks. It took a week for them to get my scores and I thought that was horrible. Just think Midwestern prepared us well for something; making something seemingly so simple and straightforward into the most frustrating experience. Once again, for the money this all costs you would think that there would be a better way of getting results.

Once again, for the money this all costs you would think that there would be a better way of getting results.

Yeah, like handing them to you when you leave the room right after the test. It is a freaking computer based test, there is no need to wait. Good luck everyone. It will work out. I thought I bombed the law test also. I left for vacation right afterwards and my wife almost killed me for complaining about the test for hours, but I was stressed.

Funny thing is that after working as Rph the last few weeks, the only thing applicable from the law test was the C-2 emergency supply part, and I was worried about that so I called someone to check anyways. That whole test was a waste of time and proved nothing, very similar to the NAPLEX. Just another couple hoops we all have to jump through.

I took the MPJE, I spent 2 hours after that sitting in my car looking up for answers and felt very depressed after knowing that I might have missed 90% of the exam.

My friend also took the MPJE and she felt like committing suicide after taking the law exam...luckily i had to get on a plane for vacation so i didn't have that thought.:eek: I'm back from my vacation and I just took my second exam last week and I am anxiously waiting for the results right now. I emailed the BOP and they replied "your score will be going in the mail today"...i read that sentence 5 times and i still feel impatient.

I'd like to save the BOP 41 cents by telling them that I'll volunteer to pick up my results. anyone else agree? :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

But hopefully good things come to those who wait!!! :luck:

Bumping this MPJE thread back up...

I passed NAPLEX with 124 yey!!! but i'm sure I fail MPJE today.... like some poster said, if i had my notes and books with me with internet connection and the 2 hours, I won't be able to answer these questions... I only had like 5 straight forward questions out of the 90...
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

I couldn't agree more with this statement. I think my score would be the same even if this was an open-book exam. :lol: I'm not sure I even had 5 straight forward questions. :smuggrin:

I felt the same way after the MPJE, but I managed to pass with an 82. Remember, out of 90 questions that 30 are experimental and don't count. That's a full 1/3 of the exam. A lot of the ones that you're sure that you missed will be those questions. Don't worry!

I kept reminding myself of this during the exam. With my luck I'll get those 30 right and then miss 30 of the real questions. :thumbdown:laugh:

Anyone else have MPJE experiences to share?

Here in NC everyone thinks they failed when they leave. I was not any different. There was so much on the exam that I had never even heard of. The K-type questions were really hard. I received a really high score though so my guessing must have been good for something. Im actually more worried about this naplex which I take on the 13th.

Got my score in the mail today and I managed to pass the MPJE! So glad that's finished. :)