MS Global Health at Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EmPeeAych

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, has anybody else applied to/been accepted at Duke University's Master of Science in Global Health Program? I've been in for a while and am interested, but haven't heard it talked about at all on here!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes!! I'm visiting soon to make my decision. Are you considering it?

How long is the program? Is it a 1 year or 2 year (or longer)?

It's generally a 1.5 semester program, but some students decide to take a 4th semester to finish their thesis.

Hey,

I've recently been accepted! Are you all planning on enrolling?

Hey! I'm thinking about applying to Duke's masters in global health. I was wondering if anybody can shed some light on the program/how competitive it is? I also haven't seen a lot of buzz about the program on SDN. Thanks, I would really appreciate it!

I'm a Duke alum in a related discipline and familiar with the program. I worked with GHI people on a couple interdisciplinary working groups. It's relatively young, which is probably why it doesn't get much buzz here. I can say that the resources at Duke are phenomenal and because all their graduate programs tend to be smaller than peer schools, grad students get a lot of attention even from top faculty. As with all grad programs, though, the best fit depends on your specific interests.