MS2 advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SkylineMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was reading through saem and a few other EM sites and they suggested the following book:

Emergency Medicine Focus: A Handbook for Medical Students and Prospective Residents

along with Iserson's Residency guide book. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these texts and whether they are worth buying or not?

Members don't see this ad.

SkylineMD said:
I was reading through saem and a few other EM sites and they suggested the following book:

Emergency Medicine Focus: A Handbook for Medical Students and Prospective Residents

along with Iserson's Residency guide book. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these texts and whether they are worth buying or not?

IMneverHO, every med student shold be issued Iserson on the day they arrive at their school.

BKN said:
IMneverHO, every med student shold be issued Iserson on the day they arrive at their school.

I agree. I didn't discover this great book until 4th year. It's a great book.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. I refer to Iserson every time a new question pops in my mind and that book always seems to have a good answer that makes a lot of sense. Good luck!

Thank you for the replies. I'll definitely pick up a copy. Any thoughts on the other text I listed?: