MSAR GPA question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pinkertinkle

2003 Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to decide which schools to apply to, and as such I am looking at average mcat/gpa's from my MSAR. When school says in the MSAR that its average GPA is 3.6, is that BCPM or cumulative. Also, what schools besides Wash U and Columbia are number ******?

Members don't see this ad.

Also, can someone help me out with some middle tier and lower tier schools that a Cali student should apply to?

The gpa listed is generally the cumulative undergrad gpa. Wash U is the numbers ***** par excellence. Asides from that, Duke, Columbia, and the rest of the top-10 all are within a point or so on the MCAT and .1 on the gpa front, so it's not really all that accurate to call one more number obsessed than another. Look at the US News ranks-- Northwestern, Vanderbilt and the top-25 schools are all good possibilities for the strong, but not absolutely ascendant applicant.

Sorry, what is MSAR?

Medical Schools Admissions Requirements?

Pinkertinkle said:
Also, can someone help me out with some middle tier and lower tier schools that a Cali student should apply to?

Me too, please.