MSSM mini med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chrisobean

The Killer Bean
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just thought i'd post this, if anyone cares, it seems kinda interesting...

www.mssm.edu/minimed

a series of 5 lectures
offers the public a chance to learn in academic detail about a wide variety of surgical subtopics.

you can pay for all 5 ($55) or per course ($12)
4/27, 5/11, 5/18, 6/1, 6/8. 6-8pm

lectures are by MDs, PhDs and (gasp!) DOs

Members don't see this ad.

I went to one of these sessions a few years back - it was awesome! I think the topics were anesthesiology & orthopedics (i know - weird combo...). They show you the latest technology they're using to teach with and to practice medicine.

:D

My only issue is that it's so spread out...You know, if I wanted the whole shebang, I couldnt if I'm not in NY. Otherswise, looks like soemthing I would totally want to attend, just to satisfy my curiosity

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanx Chrisobean for posting this up, I did not know about it at all, I 'm going tomorrow. Its an awesome opportunity to see a little of what its like for us future applicants.

Hey RAwe -

The first session is APRIL 27th - not March. Just thought I'd draw your attention to that - it kinda sucks to show up on the wrong day. ;)

I did a mini medschool at the university of Kentucky a couple of years back. Some of the lectures were very interesting. I would reccomend it to anyone.