Multiple Major Changes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey just got a quick question about multiple majors being listed on my transcript. So I got into college as a biochem major and realized quickly that I did not want to major in this so i switched to physiological sciences. Sophomore year came a long and I decided neuroscience was interesting and so i switched from phy sci to neurosci. Finally at the end of the sophomore year I realized that i just wanted to be a general bio major that way I can dabble in everything (bio majors can take classes in a lot of life science areas at my school). This is because I came to the conclusion that I wanted to be a dentist and thus my major in undergrad wasn't that important and I wanted the broadest major so I could get experience in every area. I just saw that they listed all my major changes on my transcript (Biochem to physci to neuro to bio) Do all these different majors look bad? I did not take any classes specific to any of my majors and just switched so many times because there was no consequence and it took me a while to realize what I wanted to do( no classes taken in a major means no units that go to waste). Any help would be appreciated.

You only need to list the major you are graduating with or graduated with. You should be fine.