Multiple Sclerosis Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ghgi8

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'd like to apologize for littering the forum with a question that I should be able to research on my own, but I've already spent more than a couple hours in search of any kind of answer....I'm completing a retrospective project in an attempt to quantitate the most likely location of demyelinating plaques in the spinal cord. I obtained results which agree with the literature but I'm trying to come up with some theories as to why the plaques would be more likely to be located in one region over another. I know that MS occurs more commonly in some areas of the brain vs. others and I've found some research which has elaborated on the relationship of veins (entry point for inflammatory mediators) to lesions. I am attempting to make the claim that there is a possible difference in density of spinal vessels at different vertebral levels as spinal infarcts have revealed watershed areas. I was wondering if anyone on this forum had any insight on some other ideas where I could turn to in attempts to describe this regional variation. Specifically, why are the plaques in the brain usually located where they are?
Thank you very much in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I do not think that this forum is for that. Just go into WebMD and people will love to answer your question there.