MUSC Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rmaddre

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As an accepted student, thought it would be a good idea to start this thread to see who else is attending MUSC. This could provide possible roommate avenues and any insider tips for living in Charleston and attending MUSC.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'll be attending as well! I'm really excited to be moving to Charleston.

My name is Erin by the way :)

Congrats to both of you! When did you guys hear back? Were you early decision applicants? I haven't heard back yet, I'm hoping I still have a chance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to both of you! When did you guys hear back? Were you early decision applicants? I haven't heard back yet, I'm hoping I still have a chance!

I heard back in mid December and yea I was early decision.

I applied ED and was accepted right before Thanksgiving.

Erin

I applied ED but got rejected and put into the regular decision. I think my chances are slim because they probably took most people from ED. I am very eager to hear back though. I hope it's sooner than later

Hello everyone..

I know rmaddre created this thread for those who were accepted into the program. But...for those accepted...are you willing to share your scores on GPAs and GRE to someone that is still hoping to get into the program :(?.. thank you :)

Hello everyone..

I know rmaddre created this thread for those who were accepted into the program. But...for those accepted...are you willing to share your scores on GPAs and GRE to someone that is still hoping to get into the program :(?.. thank you :)

Clemson University
Major: Biological Science
Minor: Psychology
Cum GPA: 3.72
Prereq GPA: 3.75
GRE: 156 Q, 158 V, 4.5 AW
Volunteer hours: 1500+ Inpatient/Outpatient/Geriatrics/Ortho/Sports Medicine

Applied (PTCAS Submitted): MUSC, Elon, Emory, North Georgia, Armstrong Atlantic
Interviews: North Georgia, Elon (declined), Emory (declined) Armstrong (declined)
Rejected: N/A
Waitlisted: North Georgia (class filled with ED)
Accepted: MUSC!

Clemson University

Interviews: North Georgia, Elon (declined), Emory (declined) Armstrong (declined)

Wow...great profile! thank you so very much!

Clemson University

When did you get the interview at armstrong? You're the first person I've seen to post that and I'm eagerly waiting to hear from them! Thanks!

Hello everyone..

University: Towson University
Major: Exercise Science
Cum GPA: 3.71
Prerequisite GPA: 3.71
GRE: 154 V, 152 Q, 5.0 AW
Observation: 27 hours inpatient, >850 hours outpatient (PT tech), 40 hours geriatric
Extra Curricular: 240 hour internship in a Strength and Conditioning facility, Captain of University Club Soccer Team for 2 years, Exercise Science Club Member

Applied: MGH, Shenandoah, Chatham, UM-Baltimore, Elon, WCU, Duke, MUSC, UMiami
Interviews: UM-Baltimore (9/18), UMiami (11/1), Duke (11/16), Chatham (11/16 - declined), Elon (12/13 - declined), WCU (12/13 - declined), Shenandoah (12/16 - declined), MGH (1/25 - declined)
Rejected: Duke (11/18)
Waitlisted: NA
Accepted: UM-Baltimore (10/1), MUSC (11/26)

Attending: MUSC!

When did you get the interview at armstrong? You're the first person I've seen to post that and I'm eagerly waiting to hear from them! Thanks!

It was a while back, around New Years, I believe. They sent an email and apologized for the delay and that it took so long.

University: Towson University
Major: Exercise Science
Cum GPA: 3.71
Prerequisite GPA: 3.71
GRE: 154 V, 152 Q, 5.0 AW
Observation: 27 hours inpatient, >850 hours outpatient (PT tech), 40 hours geriatric
Extra Curricular: 240 hour internship in a Strength and Conditioning facility, Captain of University Club Soccer Team for 2 years, Exercise Science Club Member

Applied: MGH, Shenandoah, Chatham, UM-Baltimore, Elon, WCU, Duke, MUSC, UMiami
Interviews: UM-Baltimore (9/18), UMiami (11/1), Duke (11/16), Chatham (11/16 - declined), Elon (12/13 - declined), WCU (12/13 - declined), Shenandoah (12/16 - declined), MGH (1/25 - declined)
Rejected: Duke (11/18)
Waitlisted: NA
Accepted: UM-Baltimore (10/1), MUSC (11/26)

Attending: MUSC!

Wondering if this great profile you have is pretty much what all of the others in your class have too...congrats and much success to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know several other accepted students with lower composite numbers than either of us that got in ED. There is still hope. I don't believe that MUSC fills their class with ED after talking with an admissions officer.

I got accepted early decision and will be attending in May. I am looking for a place to live and a roommate or two as well. Congratulations to all those who were accepted!

I know several other accepted students with lower composite numbers than either of us that got in ED. There is still hope. I don't believe that MUSC fills their class with ED after talking with an admissions officer.

Thank you! Would you say that about half get into the program in the ED cycle?

Thank you! Would you say that about half get into the program in the ED cycle?

I wouldn't say half, but my best guess would be a little more than that. Most schools send out far more accepted letters than there are spots in the class as a lot decline or choose to go to other schools. I saw a stat that last year MUSC sent out close to 120 letters both ED and regular decision. I dont think that half of those spots were filled with ED.

I got accepted early decision and will be attending in May. I am looking for a place to live and a roommate or two as well. Congratulations to all those who were accepted!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?..I applied regular decision, the waiting is killing me :(

Has anyone heard anything yet from regular decision?

Crazy as this is I actually just got an e-mail from MUSC. was wait listed

I was wait listed as well, do you know if they rank or how many they put on the waitlist?

I know they rank students on the list, but they will not tell us what number we are on the list. I unfortunately do not know how many are on the list.

any idea when people will start being contacted from the alternative list?

Gre was 314 Q was 153 and V was 161
Cum gpa was only 3.17 (almost flunked out my frshman year but was able to maintains a 4.0 last 70 or so hrs to bring it up.)
Prerequisite gpa was around 3.80 depending on school (some use psych class and other stuff some don't)
Loads of extracurricular activities rng from tutoring for major to leadership activities on campus. Including lab assistant to full wet human anatomy lab.
500+ hours of clinical observation in 6 different settings
Also worked a full time restaurant management position for last 5 years. (Not that it has anything to do with pt directly but I've been told doing well in undergrad while working full time looks good to some postgrad schools) if u want any other info will provide.

For anyone who is on the Alternative list, did you also get an email from MUSC addressed to Ms. Bricker about an acceptance?

Well if you get taken off the alternative list please share your stats and if you decide to take the spot! thanks!

Does anyone know if they are still accepting students off of the alternate list?

my understanding is they send an email when they have filled all the spots

Last edited:
So I was also told that when the class was filled everyone on the alternate list would receive an email however today is the first day of orientation and I have not heard anything. Is this normal? Are they waiting to see who shows up for orientation? I keep thinking I have missed an important email or haven't received one because of the system issues MUSC has had this year.