Musculoskeletal/Orthopedic PT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SR_DPT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
So I’m currently in my 1st musculoskeletal/orthopedics class and there is so much information that I do not know how to absorb all the information. I was wondering if anyone has a source for clinical application questions? Or any resources on how to get through this class more efficiently.

Members don't see this ad.

Categorize: Write down a diagnosis and then list the special tests. Actively perform the test in studying or mimic the setup.

Reactions: 1 user
Categorize: Write down a diagnosis and then list the special tests. Actively perform the test in studying or mimic the setup.
I did this as well which was incredibly helpful, and I also included possible symptoms the patient may present with, common MOI, differential diagnoses, and so on. It helped me to make sense of it all and feel better prepared for practicals

Same as above. You will have to memorize signs and symptoms for many conditions in this class. Comparisons of similar conditions may help. For example: -torn lateral meniscus s&s, MOI:...
-torn medial meniscus s&s, MOI:...
- torn ACL: s&s, MOI, tx:
- torn PCL: s&s, MOI, tx:
- torn MCL: s&s, MOI, tx:
- torn LCL: s&s, MOI, tx:

OA vs RA: s&s, tx.

Bursitis vs tendonitis, vs tendon/muscle tear

Etc. They will have slight differences and similarities. If you can name those, you will be good.
For tx, they have similarities for inflammatory conditions (ice, rest, non-painful ROM, maybe immobilization for tears and fx) vs chronic.

Reactions: 1 user