Muslim Housing for Touro Pharmacy California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prettyeyes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for muslim girls to share housing in Mare Island who are attenting Touro California.

Members don't see this ad.

is anyobdy looking for housing in mare island females only!

Members don't see this ad :)
Close minded student.

Trying to pick up chicks on SDN? haha

Reactions: 1 user
Though I think her request is strange, let us not judge others still.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Not really a strange request. She's probably pretty conservative and doesn't want to deal with roommates who drink alcohol, eat non-halal meat, party, have guys over, etc.

PS: I'd advise Muslim students to not reveal their political preferences while attending Touro. If those ****ers even get a hint that you're anti-Israel, they will harass you. I had people at the main campus talk down to me and say **** like "don't you know this is a Jewish school/Jewish-funded school" when they saw I was wearing the scarf that represents the Palestinian resistance like this (in the winter).

palestinian_militants-425px-001.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Though I think her request is strange, let us not judge others still.

I didn't see anything in the post saying she was female or muslim....maybe its a male atheist looking for a roommate to corrupt?

I never understood why Palestine hates Israel so much and always sending rockets over there trying to kill all the Israelis. Also, why anyone would wear a terrorist scarf is beyond me...

Members don't see this ad :)
I never understood why Palestine hates Israel so much and always sending rockets over there trying to kill all the Israelis. Also, why anyone would wear a terrorist scarf is beyond me...
I never understood why Israel hates Palestine so much and always sending rockets over there trying to kill all the Palestinians. Also, why anyone wear a dissident scarf is beyond me...
What about this?

It's Gaza who suffers during conflict due to population density and their lack of an advanced military defense system (eg The Iron Dome). No matter how you want to slice it, Israel is the cat and Gaza is the mouse.

I highly doubt Sparda was wearing a scarf for terrorism purposes! Come on now...

Last edited:
Ehh I don't want a start a political debate in the pharmacy forums.

Personally, I believe that the solution would be a one state solution. Call it Israel, Palestine, Palesrael, Israelistine, whatever you want. All you have to do is give the Palestinians full citizenship and remove the class system where Jews get preferential treatment over others. Jews can settle wherever they want, Arabs can settle wherever they want. No one messes around with the historical landmarks in Jerusalem. No new temples on top of the existing Muslim mosque or anything like that. Hamas and the other groups put down their arms but are allowed to become political parties. Palestinians can serve in the military.

IMO, this will never happen because Israel knows the Arabs will quickly become the majority in the country.

Each side believes they have the rights to the land.

Palestinians think they are getting kicked out of their land.

Israel thinks that land orignally belonged to them from thousands of years ago.

Ehh I don't want a start a political debate in the pharmacy forums.

Personally, I believe that the solution would be a one state solution. Call it Israel, Palestine, Palesrael, Israelistine, whatever you want. All you have to do is give the Palestinians full citizenship and remove the class system where Jews get preferential treatment over others. Jews can settle wherever they want, Arabs can settle wherever they want. No one messes around with the historical landmarks in Jerusalem. No new temples on top of the existing Muslim mosque or anything like that. Hamas and the other groups put down their arms but are allowed to become political parties. Palestinians can serve in the military.

IMO, this will never happen because Israel knows the Arabs will quickly become the majority in the country.
Gaza needs to officially break off and become it's own state, country, stan (land of), etc., because you can't let Hamas become a political party in Israel. Hamas is Sunni, and they want sharia law and an Islamic state. How is that going to work for Jews, Christians, and Shia in Israel? Think about what's going on right now in Syria and Iraq and then add Jews and Christians to the mix. Instead of the age old Sunni vs Shia, it would become militant Sunni vs Shia, Jewish, and Christian!

It sounds like you want for Israel what President Bush wanted for Iraq... and honestly, it's beyond my comprehension why Shia would have ever been put in charge of Iraq if 85-90% of Muslims are Sunni. While Shia may be the majority in Iraq, Iraq is not Iran, and it will never be. Why can't Iran be the Shia representative for 10% of the Islamic world?!

Gaza needs to officially break off and become it's own state, country, stan (land of), etc., because you can't let Hamas become a political party in Israel. Hamas is Sunni, and they want sharia law and an Islamic state. How is that going to work for Jews, Christians, and Shia in Israel? Think about what's going on right now in Syria and Iraq and then add Jews and Christians to the mix. Instead of the age old Sunni vs Shia, it would become militant Sunni vs Shia, Jewish, and Christian!

It sounds like you want for Israel what President Bush wanted for Iraq... and honestly, it's beyond my comprehension why Shia would have ever been put in charge of Iraq if 85-90% of Muslims are Sunni. While Shia may be the majority in Iraq, Iraq is not Iran, and it will never be. Why can't Iran be the Shia representative for 10% of the Islamic world?!

Shia are the majority of the Iraqi population. (I am Shia btw.) Under Saddam's rule, there was a severe restriction on religious activities and pilgrimages to holy sites in Iraq. A democratic government in Iraq will almost always result in a Shia majority government. Shia Muslims are like Jews in the sense that we are very paranoid of potential genocides. There has been a 1400 year Holocaust against Shia Muslims. The rise of the Iranian government, Hezbollah in Lebanon, and the Syrian government have provided safe havens for Shia outside the West. ISIS is a very serious threat.

A lot of Shias prefer living in the USA, Canada, England, etc because there is virtually no violence against them in these locations and there is the freedom to practice religion the way they want.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Shia_Muslims

A world without religion is a better world. Religion just makes people hate others for stupid reason. Religion is the perfect excuse to control the masses. Religion is like a virus, the root of all evil making people having delusions of grandeur >_>;

A world without religion is a better world. Religion just makes people hate others for stupid reason. Religion is the perfect excuse to control the masses. Religion is like a virus, the root of all evil making people having delusions of grandeur >_>;
Couldn't agree more. So many people have been killed over religion.

wow - this thread is spiraling away from the original content.

Sooooo I will add my two cents worth. I have several good friends that are sunni (first muslims I have ever known outside one the one bosnian muslin - who ironically roomed with a jew, that I went to college with).

I will try to be as neutral as possible. Basically I do not think Israel and Palestine will ever be able to co-exist until you can solve the East Jerusalem question. There are bad people on both sides and good people on both sides. You could say - West bank and gaza you are 100% independent, you don't send rockets our way, and Israel won't occupy you and mess with your lives. But I don't see Israel ever giving up East Jerusalem, and I don't see the Palestinians ever giving up their claim to it.

wow - this thread is spiraling away from the original content.

Sooooo I will add my two cents worth. I have several good friends that are sunni (first muslims I have ever known outside one the one bosnian muslin - who ironically roomed with a jew, that I went to college with).

I will try to be as neutral as possible. Basically I do not think Israel and Palestine will ever be able to co-exist until you can solve the East Jerusalem question. There are bad people on both sides and good people on both sides. You could say - West bank and gaza you are 100% independent, you don't send rockets our way, and Israel won't occupy you and mess with your lives. But I don't see Israel ever giving up East Jerusalem, and I don't see the Palestinians ever giving up their claim to it.

International city?

International city?
in theory it sounds good - but the Palestinians want it as their capital - do you think they would give that up as an option if it meant the Israel's would but out of their business?

This is one thing the vast majority of the world backs them up (hence why even the US doesn't recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

I was in your city last weekend, and read the opinion section of the newspaper - wow - lets just say the people writting in have a vastly different view than the rest of the US

in theory it sounds good - but the Palestinians want it as their capital - do you think they would give that up as an option if it meant the Israel's would but out of their business?

This is one thing the vast majority of the world backs them up (hence why even the US doesn't recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

I was in your city last weekend, and read the opinion section of the newspaper - wow - lets just say the people writting in have a vastly different view than the rest of the US

In that the New York media is very pro-Israeli?

Shia are the majority of the Iraqi population. (I am Shia btw.) Under Saddam's rule, there was a severe restriction on religious activities and pilgrimages to holy sites in Iraq. A democratic government in Iraq will almost always result in a Shia majority government. Shia Muslims are like Jews in the sense that we are very paranoid of potential genocides. There has been a 1400 year Holocaust against Shia Muslims. The rise of the Iranian government, Hezbollah in Lebanon, and the Syrian government have provided safe havens for Shia outside the West. ISIS is a very serious threat.

A lot of Shias prefer living in the USA, Canada, England, etc because there is virtually no violence against them in these locations and there is the freedom to practice religion the way they want.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Shia_Muslims
I understand that Shia are the majority of the Iraqi population, however, groups like ISIS and Hamas will continue to pose "a very serious threat" for Shia because of the inherent solidarity within Muslim culture. (I'm tired, and yet I've been thinking all day long about how to explain what's going through my mind. So please bear with me.) Stability is a difficult goal to achieve in a country like Iraq, but basically, on an international and diplomatic level, Iraq would be able to gain greater support throughout the Middle East if it was governed as a Sunni state since the majority of Muslims are Sunni. On a localized level, though, the Iraqi people would be better off if Shia and the Kurds could assume leadership throughout their population on a more day to day level, which is what usually matters most for the majority of people. In other words, Sunni would shake hands and deliberate with Iraq's neighbors while Shia and the Kurds would actually govern the people themselves.

In that the New York media is very pro-Israeli?
Not necessarily the media, the media was neutral, but the public that was writing letters to the editor were very pro israeli with their blue and white blinders on

I am Muslim lol and i kno the reason she is asking like Sparda said basically to avert dealing with roommates who might drink or invite dudes over that would otherwise make for an uncomfortable environment. Also we pray 5 times a day and I've had a roommate look at me really weird when I was praying in my room. Not that it always matters because most people are chill and know how it goes but still

You should find a Facebook group for your Touro class and ask there instead of here because this subsection of the forum is a collage of pharmacy questions and you won't find a whole lot incoming students necessarily floating here. I do know Muslims in Touro but they're all dudes. Are you from California? You can PM me and maybe I can hook you up if you are unable to find anything