Must Practice Materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arlo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

With a little over a month left to focus on practice while reinforcing concepts, I'm wondering what are the common must do practice questions/tests. I have done some Kaplan FLs, some of the Khan passages, and currently working on the Q Packs. Based on the threads out there, this is what I have gathered:

1) AAMC unscored test
2) AAMC test
3) AAMC Q Packs and Section Bank
4) EK FLs
5) NS or Altius

Obviously, the AAMC ones are must do and doing at least 3 FLs is recommended. I haven't decided on which FLs I will get but plan to do 4-6 tests. Khan passages are a mix bag so I'm not sure if I will go through all the passages or just do random ones. Anyone else think doing all the Khan passages is necessary? Just want to get other people's input on the core practice materials. Am I missing anything else?

Members don't see this ad.

You should throw in the 1/2 test that is included with the Official MCAT guide. Also, you can make pseudo-tests out of the AAMC question packs and section banks; you should be able to get the equivalent of 6 FL exams out of just the AAMC material. If you're short on time I would get through all those first, then move on to company tests after that if you still need practice.

You should throw in the 1/2 test that is included with the Official MCAT guide. Also, you can make pseudo-tests out of the AAMC question packs and section banks; you should be able to get the equivalent of 6 FL exams out of just the AAMC material. If you're short on time I would get through all those first, then move on to company tests after that if you still need practice.

Good point! I forgot about the official guide.