My chances at DO and MD: 3.43/ 504

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amyleo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone:
I have submitted my app. for M.D. and D.O. schools. Here's the list of schools:
M.D.:
-Meharry
-Central Michigan
-Howard
-Uni of Hawaii
-Michigan State
-Uni of Louisville:-no supplementary yet
-Uni of Hawaii: -no supp. yet
-Chicago Medical School
D.O.:
-Kansas City
-Michigan State: -no supp. yet
-Lincoln Memorial
-Lake Erie:-no supp. yet
-Arizona
I have submitted my supplementary for all these schools (except for the ones indicated), but have yet to receive an interview invite. I am a Canadian student with cGPA:3.43/MCAT:505/sGPA:3.3.
Do you think I should apply more broadly? Is it too late to start applying to new schools? My goal is to become a Pediatrician and serve in under-served areas. So, I chose to apply to the schools above based on their ability to allow me to do rotations in under-served areas, so that I am better prepared as a physician.
Please give me some advice on if my list of schools is adequate for someone with my stats.
Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should apply more broadly. Most of my friends applied to 20+ schools. I know that DO schools focus on preparing students to work in underserved areas. I would apply to more DO schools. It's better to write more essays and pay a little bit of more money than reapplying next year.

Good luck! :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Your stats are lethal for MD schools, but OK for ~14 DO schools that take international students. MSUCOM might be your best bet. My school requires green card.

Hi everyone:
I have submitted my app. for M.D. and D.O. schools. Here's the list of schools:
M.D.:
-Meharry
-Central Michigan
-Howard
-Uni of Hawaii
-Michigan State
-Uni of Louisville:-no supplementary yet
-Uni of Hawaii: -no supp. yet
-Chicago Medical School
D.O.:
-Kansas City
-Michigan State: -no supp. yet
-Lincoln Memorial
-Lake Erie:-no supp. yet
-Arizona
I have submitted my supplementary for all these schools (except for the ones indicated), but have yet to receive an interview invite. I am a Canadian student with cGPA:3.43/MCAT:505/sGPA:3.3.
Do you think I should apply more broadly? Is it too late to start applying to new schools? My goal is to become a Pediatrician and serve in under-served areas. So, I chose to apply to the schools above based on their ability to allow me to do rotations in under-served areas, so that I am better prepared as a physician.
Please give me some advice on if my list of schools is adequate for someone with my stats.
Thank You!