My chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goombah

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
18 AA
19 PAT
18 TS
18 BIO
20 GC
18 OC
18 RC
15 QR

3.72 gpa
3.59 science gpa

My biggest concern is getting into my state school, TN dental in Memphis. What do y'all think my chances are for that? Also applying to Colorado, Michigan, San Francisco, Buffalo, Oklahoma, and Louisville.

I'm worried about my QR section and the fact that on Memphis website it says interviews will be given to those with a 140/240 on their DAT. Seems I only have 126.

Members don't see this ad.

The QR will be an issue. I'd call the schools you applied to and ask them what they recommend. Did you a C in calc or trig?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know someone who was on the same boat, but different situation. His GPA was low but his AA and TS was a lot higher than his and he was told to retake the test, but to only focus on the QR. He was accepted though.

I know someone who was on the same boat, but different situation. His GPA was low but his AA and TS was a lot higher than his and he was told to retake the test, but to only focus on the QR. He was accepted though.

this post :rofl:

Its a true story. Two people can be on the same boat, but be located at different ends of the same boat...

You have a total of 144... so you stand a decent chance of getting an interview - especially with your GPA. Good luck! :)

I'm a UT student, and the dean of admissions told me that they throw out applications without even looking at them if any of the stats are below the cutoff (16).

That being said, you do have decent stats. If you wish to apply without retaking the DAT, be sure to message admissions to explain your situation and let them know that Tennessee is your #1 choice. But really, you should retake it. If nothing else, you'll be a strong applicant next year. Good luck!