My DAT Study Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mumford

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Long time SDN lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to share a DAT study schedule that I created recently that is based off dentalWorks’s 8 week study schedule. It, too, is an 8 week schedule, but it has been heavily modified in three ways. First, I condensed the first 4 weeks of the dentalWorks schedule into 2 weeks. I did this because I have a fairly strong science background and have already gone through the rigors of learning the majority of the science material through my MCAT studies some months ago. Second, I have added additional supplemental material for practice (RC/PAT). Third, this schedule allocates time for several practice tests. Despite the several additions and alterations, I was very cautious as to maintain a balance in this schedule, without any “overkill” days.

Here are the resources used in my study schedule:
• Cliff’s AP Biology
• Kaplan MCAT Biology (optional, substitute biology textbook if desired)
• Chad’s videos (GC, OC, QR)
• CRACK DAT PAT – 10 test version
• CRACK DAT Reading – 10 test version
• ExamKrackers 101 MCAT Verbal Passages (optional)
• DAT Destroyer 2010
• MATH Destroyer 2010
• Topscore
• Achiever – 7 test version
• datQvault

The general layout of the schedule is as follows:
Weeks 1-2: Exposure to material from all sections. (Learning all the ideas and theories)
Weeks 3-4: Stand alone practice problems and section tests. (Applying theories to problems)
Weeks 5-6: Mix of week 3/4 problems and section tests with some full-length tests (Continuing practice while transitioning to actual DAT simulation)
Weeks 7-8: Full-length tests every other day with some section tests thrown in. (Building endurance for test day)

Words of caution: This is only a GUIDELINE. I designed it to cater to the type of prep that I think I need (less time spent reading/learning, lots and lots of practice!). Feel free to use this as an outline to create a more personalized study plan for yourself. I’ll be more than happy to answer any questions, comments, concerns that you guys have. Feedback appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• DAT STUDY SCHEDULE.docx
    40.2 KB · Views: 574
Thanks for your schedule! How many practice tests did you end up taking? and do you think it was enough? Thanks!

This was very similar to my planned study schedule. Only difference was that I continued to (lightly) review the material between weeks 3-6 in addition to the practice.

Looks pretty good. How exactly do you indend to familiarise yourself with all of the section in the first few weeks?