My Friend Needs Help....What post-bacc programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goal-getter

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Fellow SDNers,

My friend is having no luck with this cycle of medical school application. However, I would like to inform him of post-bacc programs that allow you to take first year courses at a medical school and if you perform well you may gain admission the following year. If anyone knows of any such programs please post them here, PM, or direct me to a site with additional information.

Thank you all very much.

Goal-Getter

Members don't see this ad.

i think you're referring to linkage programs.

Bryn Mawr
Columbia
Goucher
Harvard
JHU
Mills
Scripps
Tufts
UPenn

That list isn't comprehensive. And may not still be accurate. :D But hopefully that'll help?

Hope u find this helpful..http://services.aamc.org/postbac/U can PM me if you want I've done a whole lot of research on this area because I might be headed toward a post-bacc program rather than straight to med school.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are also programs within the Osteopathic Medical Schools:

University of North Texas HSC-Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine
--> Post-Baccalaureate Program

Oklahoma State University CHS-College of Osteopathic Medicine
--> Health Careers Opportunity Program

and others...

supersnuffles said:
i think you're referring to linkage programs.

Bryn Mawr
Columbia
Goucher
Harvard
JHU
Mills
Scripps
Tufts
UPenn

That list isn't comprehensive. And may not still be accurate. :D But hopefully that'll help?

I think these linkage programs are specifically for non-science majors though. But I'm not sure, you might want to double check.

The Georgetown SMP, Drexel IMS, Boston University MA in medical science, and Rosalind Franklin U. programs are ones that allow you to take medical school courses. These are some that I know off the top of my head. I think there are a couple of other ones. Just ask him/her to do a search and read about each one to see which is the best fit.

supersnuffles said:
I think these linkage programs are specifically for non-science majors though. But I'm not sure, you might want to double check.

BU BU BU

This program was great, i was BU undergrad, totally messed up my frosh year, graduated early, entered the masters program in medical sciences at BUMED, it was well worth it.... i would highly recommend this program

Wake Forest University has a program just like that. You do well and you gain admission, but they take very few people, so your friend should apply asap.