my head hurts when i study dermatology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrslackalot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
seriously, my brain just wants to shut down. anyone experiencing the same symptoms?

Members don't see this ad.

seriously, my brain just wants to shut down. anyone experiencing the same symptoms?

let's be honest, derm is too difficult. my feeble brain shudders at the idea of memorizing andrews.

i hate the word livedo. what the hell does it mean?

there are too many types of nevi. can't we just call them spots?

what is a lentigo? is it a freckle? what causes freckles anyway? Melanocytes are stupid, and don't even get me started on melanosomes.

let's agree, as a society, to stop the splitting and start the lumping.

I propose the following dermatologic conditions (in total):

-rash
-mole
-cancer
-omgwtf (encompassess SJS, TEN, pyoderma gangrenosum)
-rash on baby
-mole on baby
-cancer on baby
-there ain't nothin there (aka "bitch is crazy")

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just happened to pass by but lmao :laugh:

let's be honest, derm is too difficult. my feeble brain shudders at the idea of memorizing andrews.

what is a lentigo? is it a freckle? what causes freckles anyway? Melanocytes are stupid, and don't even get me started on melanosomes.

-rash
-mole
-cancer
-rash on baby
-mole on baby
-cancer on baby

Although you probably didn't intend this post to be comical, Thanks for the laugh!!!

Haha!!! I'm on a derm elective now and totally know what you mean. I wonder what studying for the derm boards will be like.

Why is it more difficult than studying neuroanatomy for example?

Sore Eyes love the "aka the bitch is crazy"...

Why is it more difficult than studying neuroanatomy for example?

Sore Eyes love the "aka the bitch is crazy"...

There is a spatial aspect to it that makes everything easier to remember and it's somewhat logical!

There is a spatial aspect to it that makes everything easier to remember and it's somewhat logical!

I guess everyone is different. :D I have SUCH a hard time remembering /internalizing neuroanatomy. Having said that, I wasted my neuroanatomy class at school (i.e. paid no attention) hence have lost the benefit of the cadavers and have to rely now on Atlasses and the Atlasses just aren't cutting it for me. If I saw the logic I would be fine. I fail to see the logic because I don't get the spatial/anatomy relationships to start with :scared:
Whereas derm, i think is interesting, very very interesting. :)

If your head is hurting when studying then consider r/o steal syndrome involving neurovascular anatomy.

I myself have had a hard time re-wiring all the Atari 2600 networks for learning, and retaining, Dermatology concepts. As Sore Eye may possibly attest too, it is the darn ET game that is particular hard to write over. Personally, I think the Ichthyoses may fit well here given ET's skin issues. Then again, that Stretch Arm Strong like neck may take us elsewhere in categorizing.

I had too... I am very very tired. Off to read. :)

-rash
-mole
-cancer
-rash on baby
-mole on baby
-cancer on baby

Funniest thing I read on SDN in a while. :laugh: