My next steps?

Started by LadyV442
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LadyV442

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!

So I'm new to this site and still trying to figure everything out but I thought I would give it a try. Im 22 years old University student in Canada who would like to get into veterinary school but have a first concerns. First off I will admit that my grades during my 1st and 2nd year at school were not the best as a matter of fact, they were pretty terrible. That being said I've been putting a lot more effort into the school for my 3rd and 4th year and have been doing ALOT better (even top of my class in some of my courses). I should be graduating my undergrad now but I'm taking a 5th year at my school to improve upon my past grades. Now I know I won't be accepted to Guelph University so I'm planning on applying to schools all over the world. Im really terrified however that I won't be accepted. What would be my next steps? I really want to be a Vet there is nothing else I want more and I'm determined to make it. But if i don't get accepted my first time what should I do? Will pursuing a tech position help in anyway? Or should I continue toward a Masters etc? If someone could give me some advise that would be greatly appreciated.

P.s I've been working at a veterinary hospital now for the past 6 years and I'm still there now. I am both a veterinary assistant and the receptionist who works both full time and part time during school so I do have quite a bit of experience. Ive also worked at barns + equine hospital and have had personal experience owning many different types of animals.
 
There's a thread at the top of the forum titles "What are my chances?"
Post this in there, you'll get some better advice
And welcome to SDN! :hello: