My next steps?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LadyV442

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

So I'm new to this site and still trying to figure everything out but I thought I would give it a try. Im 22 years old University student in Canada who would like to get into veterinary school but have a first concerns. First off I will admit that my grades during my 1st and 2nd year at school were not the best as a matter of fact, they were pretty terrible. That being said I've been putting a lot more effort into the school for my 3rd and 4th year and have been doing ALOT better (even top of my class in some of my courses). I should be graduating my undergrad now but I'm taking a 5th year at my school to improve upon my past grades. Now I know I won't be accepted to Guelph University so I'm planning on applying to schools all over the world. Im really terrified however that I won't be accepted. What would be my next steps? I really want to be a Vet there is nothing else I want more and I'm determined to make it. But if i don't get accepted my first time what should I do? Will pursuing a tech position help in anyway? Or should I continue toward a Masters etc? If someone could give me some advise that would be greatly appreciated.

P.s I've been working at a veterinary hospital now for the past 6 years and I'm still there now. I am both a veterinary assistant and the receptionist who works both full time and part time during school so I do have quite a bit of experience. Ive also worked at barns + equine hospital and have had personal experience owning many different types of animals.

Members don't see this ad.

There's a thread at the top of the forum titles "What are my chances?"
Post this in there, you'll get some better advice
And welcome to SDN! :hello: