My Premed Experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My post was written to share my take with those who are dealing with or struggling with the premed ritual. If people found my post helpful partly or entirely, I'm glad b/c that was my intent.

Having visited SDN a bit over the last couple of years, I fully expected the haters to come out. And frankly, I just don't care about them. To those who enjoy ridiculing others, you make yourself like the stupid insecure asses that you are.

I haven't been unhappy with my pre-med experience, nor am I dark about it. It is what it is. I'm just exhausted with what's been a 2 year grind organized around my premed classes and ECs. With the light at the end of the tunnel, I can come up for air and actually contribute here. But my stress drops a ton when the pre-reqs are over... only three weeks left. No more science labs.

Glad you're seeing some "light at the end of the tunnel," but at the same time... you're barely halfway through and already sound ridiculously burned out. Not sure what to tell ya. It gets harder from here. A lot harder.

As for girls, I make no apologies for what I've stated. Dealing with a lot of your insecurity, bull****, testing, and games is annoying. Knowing how high-drama and high-maintenance many of you are in relationships is depressing. For the record, I've had girlfriends and I have had sex; thus, I know how difficult dealing with girls can be. For you guys who flex your e-peen about game or mock my "virginity," it's pretty clear you LACK real experience with them. Like I said, I'm sure the girls have their complaints about us too. And I'm not necessarily looking for casual sex; I'm just looking for someone reasonable who respects my time constraints and the fact that I'm not ready to commit to the marriage track. But that's neither here nor there.

First, why are you even talking about your thoughts on women on a pre-med website? And second, why do you think they should "respect your time constraints and the fact you're not ready to commit"? That makes ZERO sense. Seriously. I am glad there are women who won't put up with that kind of B.S., frankly. Far too many women go for WAY too low of standards.

Finally, I still think pre-med is the worst part of the journey. Having observed academic medicine through one of my ECs, I'm fully aware how difficult the life of a resident and attending is. It's hard? No ****. But at least in medical school, I can still make it by being average even if the bar is higher. That is all.

This makes zero sense. Yes, you can make it by being "average," but realize that "average" is no longer what average is now. The bar will be higher and, as a result, no matter how hard you try, it's going to be almost impossible just to break average. Where you are now, there are plenty of people pulling average down to your level (or lower). Those people will be gone in two years, so assuming you're not gone with them, you'll actually have to work HARDER just to stay near the average mark.

Thanks to everyone who've contributed stuff that I learned from. And to those that didn't, lighten up. Life is too hard as it is. Peace out.

It doesn't really sound like you've "learned" much of anything from this thread by your post above. Hopefully, that's not the case. Best of luck going forward.

Members don't see this ad.

Everything about your post was informative and compelling...until you unleashed a tirade about college girls. Unfortunately, you spoiled what could have served worthily as a sticky post by your ranting about the girls at your school.

You demonstrated a high level of immaturity and borderline, if not utterly blatant, misogyny. Insulting the girls you "know of" because they are interested in LTR's, and, thus, commitment, because all you want is to hook-up, is despicable, and goes to further illustrate the extent of your immaturity and selfishness.

You have much growing-up to do, sir.

:thumbup::thumbup: