Other OT-Related Information MY PROJECT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Princess_Red_Wing

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
:idea: Hey guys!!

Ok. Got a "confession" to make. If anyone is wondering why I'm asking about autism a lot on this forum here it is. Doing research for a novel about the life of Jim Morrison {poet and vocalist for the Doors} and am thinking after listening to his music and reading through his poetry, as well as viewing footage of Morrison and several photos of him that he may have been a savant with autistic tendencies. I'm no expert. But I have been wondering about this mainly because you hear the same themes throughout a lot of the Doors music {with the exception of songs that they covered}. Also Jim Morrison had an IQ in the 140s and was known to have a photographic memory and according to his friend Eva was known to write "as if in a trance". Also. A few of his songs are lyrically repititious. And those who knew Morrison said that he was extremely quiet and shy. Any thoughts??

A ps: Here are some photo of Jim Morrison that I thought could be evidence of autism:

jimmorrison.jpg

t1larg.jim.morrison.gi.jpg

youngbigJimMorrison.jpg
young-jim-morrison.jpg

:idea:

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• THE WANDERER.jpg
    THE WANDERER.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 28
The Lizard King did a lot of drugs. I think that might explain a lot.

If he was autistic, it was very high functioning, so I don't know what it would say about his art.

You can't look at a photo and tell whether or not someone has autism. You can have an IQ in the 140s and not have autism; not all savants have autism and people with autism are not all savants. (Thanks to the movie Rain Man, that has been the stereotype). Also, "photographic memory" is not a real thing. Some people simply have very, very good memories, and a scant few have what is called an eidetic memory, but it's not exactly "photographic". I'd bet on drugs, or if we're going to go so far as to try to diagnose a mental condition, my money would be on a mood disorder; a lot of artists through the ages were/are suspected of having bipolar disorder or something similar, and have described manic-like states during which they were highly creative.