My school list based on my stats!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. To Be

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

I am a non traditional student ( Florida Residency). My cGPA: 3.4 and sGPA: 2.64 upon graduation in 2013. After a year of Post-Bacc my sGPA and cGPA is 3.7. I have over 200+ volunteering hours working with a mobile clinic and hospital, I am currently doing research in a biophysics lab, working on the shadowing hours this summer and applying next cycle ( June 2015). I also have 6 months work experience in a hospital ( I had to leave because I relocated after university graduation. I will be taking the MCAT Jan 2015 starting to study from now( aiming for at least a 35).

MD Schools:
Howard
Meharry
George Washington
FAU
UCF
UF
FSU
FAU
FIU
Drexel
Weil Cornell ( Stretch)
USF

DO School:
Nova
New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine in New York City
and more (Haven't really done my research of DO schools yet)

What do you think?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm assuming post-bac GPAs are 3.7. Even if OP had 30 credits of science courses in post-bac at a 4.0, he'd only have been able to raise his sGPA from 2.64 to 3.7 if he had 9 or fewer science credits in undergrad.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's what I thought too but OP wasn't very clear. And it's hard to respond appropriately.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

Cooper, Quinippiac, Temple, Jefferson, NYMC, EVMS. But I agree with the above posters, you need to be more clear about what your GPA will actually be on your application. Applying MD might be a waste of money depending on the GPA.

Sorry. My cumulative GPA from my first degree was a 3.4 and my post bacc GPA is a 3.7.

Scratch Howard and the Meherry unless you're a URM (and if not, do your homework). Scratch Cornell as well. Come back when you have your MCAT score.

Hello all.

I am a non traditional student ( Florida Residency). My cGPA: 3.4 and sGPA: 2.64 upon graduation in 2013. After a year of Post-Bacc my sGPA and cGPA is 3.7. I have over 200+ volunteering hours working with a mobile clinic and hospital, I am currently doing research in a biophysics lab, working on the shadowing hours this summer and applying next cycle ( June 2015). I also have 6 months work experience in a hospital ( I had to leave because I relocated after university graduation. I will be taking the MCAT Jan 2015 starting to study from now( aiming for at least a 35).

MD Schools:
Howard
Meharry
George Washington
FAU
UCF
UF
FSU
FAU
FIU
Drexel
Weil Cornell ( Stretch)
USF

DO School:
Nova
New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine
Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine in New York City
and more (Haven't really done my research of DO schools yet)

What do you think?

Thanks

Scratch Howard and the Meherry unless you're a URM (and if not, do your homework). Scratch Cornell as well. Come back when you have your MCAT score.
I am a URM.