My Second Attempt at Step 2 CS - Pass

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IH8NBME

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Find my original thread here:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=717039&highlight=ih8nbme

Basically, top med school, aoa, 99 on step, great evals...and I failed step 2 cs because of my poor communication skills.

Took the exam again and finally got my final results- pass. I went all the way to the right in terms of performance. Main difference this time around- I faked empathy- something I hate doing.

During each patient - oh sir, I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with gas, I am here to help you (looking directly at them and offering them a reassuring nod).

Since when did medical school become acting school. This test is a nightmare- make sure you prepare, and don't ignore you communication skills.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! I´m glad you did fine!

Hey, good thing is you can now fake it in residency, too. It can come in handy :D

Just kidding, I´m glad you have this behind you :thumbup:

Second attempt here too, finally passed! (although my data gathering was borderline...oh well). Congrats dude, good to have this out of the way

Members don't see this ad :)
i had a nightmare last night about failing. it would have been like the end for me. good thing i got good news today! so relieved.